f o u r

May 26
1989
1:58 p.m.

"Y-You weren't really jealous, r-right?" Bill asked, bringing it up as you biked with him to the quarry. Your cheeks flushed as you remembered yesterday and how it hurt to see him so happy with her. "I m-mean, we had an-an agreement."

"I know," you sighed, running a hand through your hair. In reality, you absolutely no idea what he was talking about, but it's like your mouth already knew what to say. "We agreed that no one in our group would date because no one wants to be a third wheel... Wait, really?"

"What?"

"Nope, I'm done," you hopped off of your bike and turned around. "I'm done. I'm not doing this! I signed up to be in a horror film, not a romance."

"{Y/N}! Wh-Where are you g-going?" He grabbed your arm. You shook him off, cursing this universe's you for getting butterflies. "You--"

"I'm going... as far from you as I can get," he looked hurt at your words but you just kept walking.

Bill tried to convince you again, but you hopped on your bike and quickly rode away. You passed a few of the losers on the way, all of them confused on why you were going the other way, but you ignored them and rode all the way to your house.

You left your bike on the lawn and ran to the bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind you.

"You're going to get them killed," you heard a voice behind you. The voice was familiar, but at the same time it sounded foreign. You turned to the tub and saw yourself standing there, smiling back at you. "They're all going to die. It will be all your fault."

"Oh, shut up!" You rolled your eyes, though you were trembling. "You don't know me. I can't get them killed if I'm not around them, you dumbass clown."

"You're part of the Losers Club, now," the other you said, giggling softly. "You have to be there during it all, or else the movie stops and you'll never be able to go home."

"Wh-"

"Do you hear the clock ticking?" Other you interrupted. "Because I don't."

---

"What changed your mind?"

You had met Beverly on your way back and told her that you had left earlier. Though you didn't tell her the reason, she could definitely see that you had a thing for Bill.

"Just... Guilt, I guess," you lied, chuckling softly. "I felt bad for yelling at him. It's not his fault anyway, it's mine. And knowing him, he's probably blaming himself."

"You've been friends for a while," she quietly set her bike down next to the pile of others. You followed suit and nodded at her statement. "But you like him, don't you?"

"Wha- No! Well, yeah, but--"

"Don't panic, I won't try to take him from you," she giggled as we approached the boys. "In all honesty, I thought you guys were already a couple."

"Who's first?" You heard Bill ask. Beverly nudged your arm and began stripping down. You followed her actions, revealing a black bikini under your clothes.

"We'll go!" Beverly threw her dress aside and grabbed your hand. The five boys turned around at the sound of her voice, surprised to see her. Bill, who made eye contact with you, seemed even more surprised than the others. "Sissies."