o n e

October??
2017?
???

You gasped upon waking up, feeling your body to make sure it was all still intact. After making sure you hadn't been dismembered, you looked around your room and sighed in relief to find that it was your normal bedroom. A knock came from your door and opened, thankfully revealing your mother and not some crazy clown.

"Get ready, hun," she said, surprised that you were actually up before she threatened the water bucket. "You must be excited for today."

"What's so special about today?" You threw off the covers and walked to your dresser to pick out something to wear. "Is it someone's birthday?"

"No, it's the last day of school," she chuckled.

"Really?" You huffed, chucking short overalls onto you bed along with a black tshirt. "I could've sworn it was October like, yesterday."

"Oh, you're still..." her smile faltered before she cleared her throat and shook her head. "I'm sure he's in a better place now. Anyway, your father is downstairs. Say bye before he leaves."

"Okay?" You mumbled after she shut the door. You had no idea.what she meant about him being in a better place, but you ignored it and just got dressed.

After you finished lacing up your white converse, you scanned your room for your phone, but couldn't find it anywhere. Looking at the clock, you groaned and decided to just wait to find it after school. You ran down the stairs, giving your dad a quick kiss on the cheek before he could leave the door.

"Hurry up and eat your breakfast," your mom handed you a plate of toast. "Then go brush your teeth. You don't want to keep your friends waiting."

"Yeah, yeah," you sat down at the table and began munching. "Anyway, where's dad off to this morning? He usually drives me and Caroline to school."

"Who?"

"Caroline," you repeated as you finished the first piece of toast. "You know, my best friend since like, diapers. She lives right next door."

"Are you feeling okay?" She asked, turning around and feeling your forehead. Her hand pulled away when she felt that you had a normal temperature.

"I mean, I had a nightmare, but other than that I'm fine," you said through a mouthful of toast. After swallowing it, you left to the bathroom and brushed your teeth.

"Are you sure you're feeling fine?"

"Yes, mom, I'm fine," you spit out the water. "Why? You act like you don't know who Caroline is."

"{Y/N}, the house next to us has been up for sale for a few months," she explained, making your brows furrow. Before you could argue, she kept talking. "Our only next door neighbors are the Denbroughs."

"The wh... Oh! Oh my god, mom, you really had me going there for a second," you laughed. You grabbed your bag and started toward the front door. "This is your way of getting me to stop watching that horror movie. Nice try but it's not--"

Three knocks interrupted you. Thinking it was Caroline, you opened the door. You were very wrong.

"Ready to g-go?"

"Holy shit!" You slammed the door shut and dropped your bag on the ground. Your mom was about to scold you before you turned around. "What happened? How- How did you get him here? What the fuck is going on?!"

"{Y/N} {L/N}, watch your mouth, young lady!" She hissed. You took a deep breath before opening the door again.

"Yep, still there," you eyed him suspiciously. He looked at you, confused by your strange behavior. "Is this a dream?"

"Go to school," your mother shoved your bag into your arms and closed the door. You slung your bag over you shoulder and looked back at him.

"Uh, {Y-Y/N}?" He asked.

"How much is she paying you?"

"Wh-what?" He stuttered. You seriously seemed crazy. "I'm n-not g-g-getting paid."

"Ughhhh," you groaned, running a hand through your hair. He went to comfort you, but decided that letting you vent was the better option. "Okay. Rewind. Last night I made a wish to be in the It movie and I woke up in Derry, Maine. But Derry doesn't actually exist which means I literally got sucked into this fucking horror movie with no way out?"

"Um... Y-Yeah?"

"Okay... Okay! This is fine!" You tried to convince yourself, taking a deep breath to calm down. "I'm fine. We're fine. As long as I don't mess with the plot or anything, I should live."

"Maybe you should sta-stay home," Bill watched as you paced around the deck. He was greatly concerned about your sanity, but also about how the two of you would be late if you didn't leave soon.

"No, I'm fine," you smiled softly at him, still trying to wrap your head around anything. Looking at your yard, you saw two bikes sitting there and made them your way toward. "Let's go."

"If you say so," he murmured, hopping onto his bike as you pedaled away. Bill followed you all the way to the school where you met the rest of the losers. "S-Sorry we're la-late."

"I could've smashed Eddie's mom at least twice with how long you guys took," Richie huffed. His comment earned him a swift elbow to the ribs from Eddie. You chuckled at the two before hopping off and locking your bike up. "See, {Y/N} thinks it was funny! No need to be so defensive."

"I was laughing at you getting hit, not laughing at your comment, dumbass," the name came from your mouth without you even thinking about it, it seemed natural for you to call him that. It felt like something you always called him.

Note to self, you thought. It seems like I subconsciously know how to interact with people I just met. Second note to self, how the hell am I not freaking out?

"You better not have been sucking face with my cousin," Stan scowled at Bill.

Your eyes widened and you pointed to yourself, "I'm your cousin?"

"Duh."

"Well great," you frowned, realizing you could have quite the influence on where the plot could turn. "Not only am I friends with them, I'm releated to one too? That could be problematic..."

"Someone clearly had too much to drink last night," Eddie grumbled, seemingly offended by my comment. "Either that or you're on your--"

"If you finish that sentence, I'll feed your balls to Bowers," you deadpanned. "But I guess it did sound pretty rude. No offense to you guys, I did have quite a bit to drink last night."

"No-No way," Bill laughed. "Y-You don't drink."

"That's what you think, Billy," you winked, backing away to walk to class. "Later losers!"

"Wrong way, Princess!" Richie called. You stopped and realized you had been walking away from the school. Your cheeks flushed as you walked back toward them and stopped. "The door is that way."

"One of you needs to walk me to class," you cleared your throat after you realized you had no idea where you were going. They looked at you like you were crazy and your face flushed even more. "Don't give me that look, asshats, I told you didn't I? I had too much to drink and now I can't remember my class...es. Classes? Do I have one or multiple?"

"Holy shit, did you actually drink last night?"