f i f t e e n

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

As your eyes slowly fluttered open, you realized you were surrounded by quite a few people. The window in the hospital showed that you had awoken in the middle of the night. The moon was covered the people around you with a dim light. You took a deep breath, slightly wincing at the pain it caused your abdomen.

Leaning your head back with a sigh, you stared up at the ceiling as you let the weight of what you had just done really hit you. It started out soft, your steady flow of tears padding against the abnormally hard pillow of the hospital bed.

"Please, Doctor, just give us a little more time," you heard your mother's voice beg. You tried to sit up but the pain that erupted throughout your entire body stopped you. "Just one more day, please I'm begging you."

"I'm sorry Nurse {L/N}, but I can't," a male voice responded. They seemed to be getting closer to the room you were in. "Youbknow the procedure for unexpected comas. Two weeks until we pull the plug. If I change that rule for you, I have to change it for everyone."

"But-"

"No, I'm sorry, I really am," he replied and you could see their feet in front of the door. They stopped walking and you heard your mother start to cry. "I understand that this is difficult for you, but if we pull it now, she'll go peacefully and without pain."

It took a moment for your mother to reduce her cries to soft sniffles, but she got there eventually. You heard her voice crack as she said, "Alright, just give me some time to get her friends out, they don't need to see this."

"Okay, you have five minutes," the man said before walking away.

She took a deep breath and you watched the door handle turn. Your eyes were barely open, it was exhausting to stay awake, and you continued to watch as she quietly woke each of the Losers up, ushering them out of the room with a lame excuse about their parents wanting to see them. At last, it was only your mother and father, standing at your bedside as the doctor walked in with a solemn expression.

"Say your goodbyes, then we'll continue on," he said quietly.

Your mother grabbed one of your hands and your father grabbed the other. He spoke first, his voice trembling and you could tell he was trying to keep it together, "My babygirl. No matter how far apart we may be, no matter how much time passes, even if someday you are no longer yourself... I'll never forget you. And I will always pray that you find happiness... always. I love you, {Y/N}."

"Hi baby," your mother spoke next. You were getting choked up but you couldn't move a muscle. "I just want you to know that everything is gonna be okay. We're gonna be fine, and your friends will be too. Don't worry, sweetie. It's okay, you can rest now."

Through your barely open eyes, you watched as the doctor walked over to the machines and hit some buttons before pulling something. Your mother and father looked away from you, expecting to hear the dreadful flatline. They were not prepared to hear the machine still beeping with the rythym of your heart. The doctor looked up at you, confused since you were definitely supposed to be dead.

With all of your strength, you opened your eyes completely and mustered a small smile as you said, "You didn't see that coming?"

---

After a few days of testing and whatnot, you were released from the hospital and with only a dope looking scar on your stomach. Your parents had spoiled you to no end, buying you chocolates and stuffed bears, surprising you with tickets to the biggest movie of the year, and even getting you a brand new bike. You loved all the gifts, but with all of the attention that they were giving you, there was no time left to see the Losers.

In Early September, you managed to slip away from your family, only telling them that you would be back before dark. You grabbed your new bike and took off down the street. It was a very hot and sunny day, so you knew exactly where they would be on a day like that. You slowed down before you got to the cliff above the Quarry and hopped off of your bike, quietly laying it next to the other discarded bikes.

There they stood, to the side of the cliff, in all of their half naked glory. You smiled and quietly stripped off your yellow sundress. As you walked closer, careful not to make any noise, you heard Richie say, "This would be a lot more fun if {Y/N} were here."

"Good thing she is," you replied. Everyone whipped around to look at you with shocked expressions. You ran past them, laughing as you did so, and jumped off of cliff.

You felt your body submerge into the cold water and pop back up just as quickly. Looking up, you saw the Losers just standing there, looking over the edge. You rolled your eyes and waved them over, "C'mon! Don't tell me you all became sissies while I was in the hospital!"

"{Y/N}!" Richie yelled before pitching himself off the cliff and joining you in the water. The others quickly followed, all of them swimming over to you. "You bitch, you made us think you were going to die!"

His words seemed harsh, but he quickly pulled you into his death grip of a hug. You hugged him back, your arms around his neck as you pulled him closer. The others quickly joined in, making a giant lump of kids in the water. After everyone let go, they started to relax and you all started splashing around like children. They played chicken, Ben held Bev, Richie held Eddie, and Mike held Stan.

You looked around to find the last person, but someone grabbed your wrist and pulled you a little bit away from the group. Knowing exactly who it was, you turned to him with a smile. He immediately pressed his lips to yours, moving his hand from your wrist to your waist. You kissed back, placing your hands on his shoulders.

"Hey Bill," you whispered when you pulled away. He smiled and pulled you into a hug, burying his face into the crook of your neck. He pressed a small kiss there, making you sigh as you hugged him close and laid your head on top of his. "I can get used to this."