f i v e

May 26
1989
2:34 p.m.

"I'm fine, let's just get to Ben's house," you stood after Eddie had taken at least thirty minutes just to disinfect your leg. He rushed to put on the bandages while you stood and scolded you for moving before he gave you permission.

Everyone got dressed and hopped on their bikes, heading over to Ben's house where you stood in the front, taking in the small and cozy home. Ben, Beverly, you, Eddie, Bill, and Richie let your bikes fall to the ground and went inside, while Stan, as usual, put the kickstand down.

Entering his room, you saw Ben standing nervously at his closet. You looked around and saw tons of missing posters hanging around his walls, along with newspaper articles. Ignoring Eddie and Richie bickering, as per usual, you walked over to his desk that had multiple posters of the missing people.

"Cool, huh?" You heard Ben ask.

"No. No, nothing cool. There's nothing cool," Richie shook his head, walking over to examine the stuff on the wall. "Oh, this is cool, right here. Wait, no. No, it's not cool."

"Don't be an ass, Rich," you said as Bill joined you next to Ben's desk. You turned and looked at Ben, giving him a soft smile. "This is pretty dope, Ben."

Turning back to the desk, you went through the missing posters. Betty Ripsom, Ed Corcoran, and even Georgie's. You looked down at the picture, remembering how Bill had called you over to pick it out.

"The-They need to know ev-every detail of his face," Bill had tons of pictures of his brother on his floor. "That way, it's easy t-to make sure it's him whe-when we find him."

"Alright," you smiled sadly. Bill really took it hard when his brother went missing, you felt awful for him. "Let's eliminate the oldest ones and pictures with too many people in them."

"O-Okay," he murmured, immediately getting to work as you knelt down beside him. "It needs to b-be close to his face."

"Do you have a picture of him with the last thing you saw him wearing?" You asked. He nodded and handed you just one picture. Georgie was in the middle of laughing, his dimples on full display as he played in the rain. "I remember when we took this..."

"It was a-a fe-few days before G-Ge-Georgie..."

"Your mom yelled at us," you laughed as you recalled the day the picture was taken. "She told us that we would get sick. But we went out and danced in the rain anyway."

"W-We sang together," Bill smiled and looked over your shoulder at the picture. He sniffled and before you knew it, you were both crying while you looked at the picture. "Wh-Wha-What if-if we don't fi-find--"

"We will," you interrupted him. "I swear to you. We will do whatever it takes and we will find him."

"Ninety-one people signed the charter that made Derry," Ben's words snapped you out of it. You hadn't noticed you were crying until droplets fell onto Georgie's poster. "But later that winter, they all disappeared without a trace."

"The entire camp?" Eddie asked. Quickly wiping your face of any sign of crying, you walked over to where everyone else, besides Bev, was standing.

"There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of an attack. Everybody just thought it was a plague or something," Ben confirmed, barely glancing at you when you ran your hand along the article. Your thumb ran over a picture of where the camp is displayed; on the far left was a figure resembling Pennywise. You quickly pulled your hand away to find the figure had disappeared. "But it's like one day everybody just woke up and left. The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the Well House."