e i g h t

May 27
1989
2:58p.m.

Everyone gathered in Bill's garage, pulling up buckets and crates to sit on as Bill put a map of Derry's sewers on the wall in front of you. He dropped a slide into the projector and lined up the two maps on the wall.

Bill stepped back as you all studied the map for a moment. He spoke up after you turned to meet his eyes. "Look, that's where G-G-Ge-Georgie disappeared."

"He pointed to the storm drain he marked on the map, the one from the beginning of the movie. "There's the Ironworks and the Black Spot. Everywhere It happens, it's all connected by the sewer. They all meet up at the--"

"Well house," both he and Ben said.

"That's the house on Neibolt Street," Stan shuddered at the thought. You did too, it was one freaky ass house.

"You mean that creepy ass house where all those junkies and hobos like to sleep?" Richie asked, scrunching his face in distaste. Eddie began to breathe heavily and took a puff from his inhaler.

"I hate that place," Beverly chides. "I always feel like it's watching me."

"That's where I saw it," Eddie added. Everyone looked to him. "That's where I saw the clown."

"Th-Th-That's where It lives," Bill nodded. He briefly took his eyes off the map to glance at you and you gave him an encouraging smile that made his heart skip.

"I couldn't imagine anything wanting to live there," Stan stated as Eddie took another puff from his inhaler.

"Can we stop talking about this?" Eddie stood from his death and walked in front of the projector. "I-I-I can barely breathe! This is summer, we're kids, I can't even breathe. I'm having a fucking asthma attack! I'm not doing this!"

"What the hell? Put it back!" Bill demanded after Eddie tore the map off of the wall. Eddie shook his head, but stopped before he replied as the projector began changing slides on it's own. "What's going on?"

The slide switched to one of Bill's family photos rather than the map. Bill and Georgie were both smiling happily. You specifically remember hating the garage scene, it filled you with a sense of dread to step into that place. The projector zoomed in on Georgie's face and you stood up, ready to bolt to the door.

"What happened?" Bill asked next to you, though his voice was barely audible over the commotion. He instinctively reached out and grabbed your hand and, if you hadn't been in the middle of having a clown scare you shitless, you would've blushed.

Another photo showed up on the wall of Bill's family, but his mom clearly wasn't ready for it. Her hair had been blown in front of her face while she smiled. The projector got closer to her face as it morphed into that damn clown.

"What the fuck is that?!" Richie screamed as he pulled Eddie away from the flashing images, Eddie screaming with him. "What is that?!"

"I don't fucking know!"

"Turn it off!" Bev yelled as she stepped back. "Turn it off!"

"Turn the fucking thing off, please!"

Suddenly, there was a loud noise, everything seemed to stop for just a moment. The projector was on the ground and the blurry image was crooked on the wall. Everyone just stared at it quietly, they said nothing.

Even though you knew what was coming, you screamed and held Bill's hand tighter when the clown suddenly burst into life, looking as if it was crawling out of the image itself. It lunged for Beverly as she backed herself into a corner.