CHAPTER 18 - Way Beyond Me

Way Beyond Me

Christian came out of the bathroom in his full glory, with a dangling eggplant, muscle infested back, hard pecs, and a firm rounded bottom behind to accompany such chiseling. He bent, in reach for his bag, this action causing his muscles to flex.

In a short time, he had pulled on a dark blue colored brief boxers, picking up his suit that had been kept on the bed before he took his bath, carefully dressing up for the evening's event.

He stood in front of the mirror with his tie in his hands when he heard the door open, eyes moving towards the door, immediately catching the sight of him.

Little Jeremy

"Hey little guy, what's up?" He smiled as he finished knotting the piece of fabric around his neck.

"I'm fine," Jeremy chimed. "my mom said to come get you, Uncle Riley told her you lost your way yesterday."

"uh. Thanks?." He said as they both left the hallway with Jeremy leading the way.

Outside, the once empty yard he had seen on his arrival was now decorated in so many different flowers.

Wow, he thought.

A huge banner with the words 'Happy Anniversary' boldly written on it. Waiters dressed in all black at every corner of the yard, behind either drinks, or food, something edible.

The live ensemble slowly playing instrumentals to hit songs by Coldplay, the music calmed his nerves, it made him feel welcomed. Hell this whole family makes me feel welcomed, he smiled to himself.

Christian took more than a second to admire the scenery before him. The whole place looked like something he'd see in a magazine. He wasn't quite surprised to also see photographers around.

"There's your mom," he pointed, as he and Jeremy walked over to Jenna, who was standing next to her husband.

"Hi," he greeted when he reached them.

"Ah you must be Christian. Finally, a face to the name. Didn't quite get to introduce myself yesterday, I'm Richard," he said stretching his hand out for a shake.

"Jenna's husband," Christian added with a nod and a closed lipped smile as he took Richards hand.

The three of them indulged in small talk as soon as Jenna had let Jeremy run along. They talked for a while till the whole yard quieted down for some reason. Everybody's attention seemed to be at the entrance of the yard from the house.

His parents must be putting on a show, I bet. He thought

He picked up a small plate from the stand with mini baked items in it, and took a glass of champagne the waiter has offered him. He walked towards the little gathering that had formed facing the entrance sighing seconds. He then noticed Jenna and her husband were no longer with him. He got to the group of people standing, staring. He stared wide eyed as he let out a cough, choking on his own saliva.

Who he had thought were Tom and Jane, ended up being Myles and Moira. He stared wide eyed at Myles who had Moira clutched to his side. He knew Moira was his best friend but a little part of him didn't like the way they were physically close, he felt his stomach drop at the thought of someone else besides him.