CHAPTER 23 - What The Cat Dragged In

Allen; Look What The Cat Dragged In

Allen had slept off on the couch when Myles got back home, without even taking off his shoes, he had started rambling about his evening with Christian, non-stop. The dinner and how Christian had asked him to be his boyfriend, the piano.

"Wait, Christian plays the keyboard?" Allen asked surprised at the information that had just gotten into his ears.

"Piano," Myles corrected.

"Potato-potato, same difference," Allen sang.

"Yea he plays the piano," Myles breathed out defeated.

"Okay that I didn't see coming, I'm surprised." Allen said as he picked up the TV remote.

"I was more surprised with the date, I had seen him play before," Myles confessed.

Allen now looked at him, "When?"

Myles said looking at the TV, "The morning after the party, before he brought me back here."

"Myles!"  Allen exclaimed.

"What?" Myles shouted.

"You guys had been on since then?" Allen asked.

"Not really on on but we kynna started knowing each other since then." Myles shrugged.

"That explains it now." Allen mumbles to himself, remembering how worked up Christian had seemed the night of the party talking about Myles dancing with some other guy.

"Explains what?" Myles looked at him.

"Oh nothing. So you had fun ya?" Allen brushed him off.

"I did," Myles smiled.

Over the next few weeks, the same scenario reoccurred for the second date where Christian had taken Myles sky diving, the third date which Myles took the liberty upon himself to ask Christian, but was turned down because Christian had already planned their third, fourth and fifth date. All dates ended with Myles running back to Allen like a high school fan girl who had just enhanced in a slow dance with Channing Tatum.

Allen loved what Myles and Christian had, but he was also protective of Myles, despite Christian being his friend, he had countlessly threatened him over the past two months since they started dating.

^^^

"Here," Alyssa who was now a frequent visitor to the house, more like a third roommate to Myles (which he was more than okay with) passed the ceramic dish to Myles. "Place them there," she said pointing towards the middle of the small dining table by the kitchen island.

"I'll go get my phone," Myles stated after dropping it, he walked into the hallway meeting Allen who smiled at him.

"Hmmm, smells nice." He sniffed.

"I was involved," Myles whispered proudly.

"I heard you!" Alyssa shouted.

"Hey babe," Allen greeted.

"Happy birthday," She smiled as she walked to him and hugged him. He whispered a thank you into her dark brown locks as the bell rang.

"I'll get it," said Allen.

He walked happily to the door, guessing Alyssa and Myles must have invited friends over too. He opened the door only for the blood from his face to be drained, he stared with wide eyes at the boy who stood in front of him with a weak not so convincing smile.