Let Her Go

Damon's POV

I got home a little after midnight from Kyle's place to find my father in the living room smiling sinisterly with a glass of red wine in his hand.

"Good morning son"his greens eyes shone with an evil glint in them.
It irritated me how much of his genes were dominant in me. The hair, eyes, body physique,his fucking smile too.
I was a fucking replica of the horrible man and I hated myself for it.

"Fuck you!"I said not even sparing him a glance.
He chuckled with no humor"oh Damon!"
I made my way up the stairs to my room when his words stopped me half way.

"Scarlet's really pretty"he chuckled again.
"What the fuck did you just say?"I said with a clenched jaw and folded fist.
"I said that  Scarlet or is it Pebbles?" He asked.
"Your little mixed race girlfriend is pretty and cute"he smirked.

"Dad..."
"Dad?"he asked in mock shock.
"You know the deal, Damon don't go back on your word  or I'll go back on mine!" He threatened,his eyes turned darker in anger.

"Why can't you understand that I don't want to me a part of this trash that you have going on?" I yelled in anger.

"Oh but you are already part, my child"He said ever so calmly.
"I only did it for mum and you know that. What happened with Jane was in the past,why can't you let me live a normal life?"
"Because we don't need you getting distracted from your job in the gang, besides a woman will just distract you when you take over from me" It irritated the hell out of me that he sounded calm and collected while I was losing my mind.

"Listen boy!"he rose from his seat
"I don't need to tell you what do, just do it and your little girlfriend will be safe" he walked away.

The motherfucker left me standing, losing my mind trying wrap my head around what he said with his mouth.

I can't leave her, no I can't.
I'll just have to be careful and protect her.

Dude you know that won't work, just let her go

Shut the fuck up!

I sat on my bed, angry, confused overwhelmed. I wanted to just explode. How did he find out?
I was being so careful.

By careful do you mean going everywhere with her?
Kissing her in public?
Should I go on?.

Just shut up!

I was losing my mind, a lot happened in one night.

I ran my hand through my black hair.

I'm tired of all this shit, I'm fucking tired if it. All I just wanted is to be like every other twenty years old. Enjoy college, have a good time with my friends and girlfriend and just enjoy my youth. Is that too much to ask?

Apparently it is.

Trying to sleep was a complete waste of time. I couldn't stop thinking of my Pebbles. Was she OK, was she still hurting about my stupid comment?.

I picked up my phone and sent her a text.

I'm sorry Pebbles, I didn't mean it, OK. I was being stupid like always. I love you, you know this but I don't want you to meet my family because you don't have a family Pebbles. My parents are divorced so there's no family to meet. Please forgive me. Can still come and pick you up tomorrow for classes? Please forgive me.

I switch off the phone and tried to get some sleep.

            ⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜
Scarlet's POV

I huffed as I dropped the flat iron, trying to straighten my curls was a waste of time.
I grab my makeup bag and begin to apply my makeup, not much just mascara, lipstick and eye shadow.

I wore a  short black dress that hugged my body. Making my curves known to the world. I grabbed my sliver gladiator sandals and put them on.
I grabbed my bag and went out the door. Damon was already in his car with a smile waiting. Yeah, we made up.

"Good morning Pebbles?" He said   with a big smile.
"Morning" I leaned over and gave him a kiss to which he responded quickly.

We both got out of the car at the same time. He came over and to and kissed on the cheek.
"I'll see you later Pebbles"
" Have a good day, I love you"
"I love you too my angel"
He smiled before disappearing into the crowd of young adults who were trying to get to lecture.

I sighed before entering the same crowd, that's the struggle I face everyday so I can get a degree and get a job and be able to take care of myself someday. It may sound like nothing, you probably think I'm just being dramatic but trying to get through the crowd of people, half of who don't want to be there and having to avoid bumping into any body and still try to make it to lectures on time, is hard work and I deserve an award for it. OK maybe not an award but whatever.

Anywhatevers, I make it to my first lecture of the day. I sat through the entire thing, trying to take notes and at the same time, trying my best to stay awake. After an hour of boring lecture, I drag my feet to the next one with no zeal what so ever to continue with my education but I just have to right?.

The entire day rolls by and I make it back to my apartment, tired, hungry and I just wanted to take a trip to dreamland.

I ordered pizza, I had no plans of making my own dinner. Exams begin in a few weeks and I was behind. I planned for study more but life happened, you know how it is.

I miss Damon

He didn't come over after school today, I wanted to call and ask why but didn't want to be the clingy girlfriend so I didn't call and I miss him.

I took a long bath, yes a bath. I sang along to Ariana Grande's Thank u,next album while having my bath. She is my favorite artist. I've been an Arianator since the beginning, I am obsessed with her and she just makes me happy.

After my own little Sweetener tour and bath of course, I grabbed one of Damon's shirt that he forgot and wore. I inhaled his scent from the shirt. It made me miss him less. I sent him a good night text before going off to dreamland land.

Hi, am back again, did ya miss me?
I bet you did!
So I really like this chapter, I don't know why but I do. Do you like it? Let me know in the comments. What did you think of Damon's dad?
Do you think he should let Scarlet go like his old man warned?
Don't forget to vote. Mag!c# 🖤