3) cerberus can talk?

Elizabeth:

I snuggled deeper into the plush blankets when I felt the warm sun shining on my cheek. Although my body was aching yet again, it didn't seem to bother me as much as before. I inhaled a deep breath and sighed contentedly as sleep took over once again.

Wait.

I shot straight up, wincing as the pain in my back flared. Where the hell am I?

I looked around the room with wide eyes. The bed I was in was a large, black, four-poster bed with deep red blankets and pillows—some of which were strewn across the floor. To either side of the bed were matching black nightstands with matching black lamps. One wall was made completely of glass and was decorated with sheer black curtains that had been drawn open. There was a small seating area in the farthest, darkest, corner with two black cushioned chairs and a round black table.

I almost didn't see him.

Sitting in one of the chairs with a hand covering his mouth and a mischievous glint in his eyes was the man who killed my father. He blended in with the shadows against the dark grey walls. He seemed to be keeping himself from laughing. When he caught the glare I was giving him, however, his face returned to stone.

"Where am I?" I croaked, rubbing my sore throat. It felt thick and dry at the same time.

"Sore throat?" He asks, avoiding my question, and I nod, eyeing him curiously as he stands up, "Ambrosia will do that to yah when you eat as much as you did." He chuckles accusingly.

Ambrosia? How does he know about the ambrosia?

I looked at him skeptically and caught him watching me with knowing eyes and a small smirk that had my stomach twisting in knots.

He stalks over to the door, "You will give me that book." He says darkly over his shoulder and then slams the door shut behind him.

The book! Where was it?

I frantically searched around the room, stumbling over pillows. I was looking underneath the bed when I felt something wet lick my bare feet. I froze. Ever so slowly I turned around, eyes squeezed shut with fear.

I felt hot breath on my face. It smelled like what I would imagine burning flesh would smell like. My eyes peaked open out of curiosity. I shreaked at what I saw.

Before me was a black dog. But it wasn't any ordinary black dog. This one had three heads and vicious red eyes.

Cerberus. I thought. It's all real.

My eyes widened at the realization. He seemed to notice because he let out a small whimper before covering my face completely in slobber.

"H-hello..." I spoke shyly toward the hellhound. His tail started wagging excitedly before he ran through the wall and re-appeared a moment later with a big blue rubber ball in his mouth. He dropped it in front of me with expectant eyes.

"You're just a big puppy aren't you?" I whispered to him as I picked up the ball and threw it.

The ball didn't bounce off the wall like I thought it would. It went straight through with Cerberus bounding after it.