6) raSpberry lemonAde

Elijah:

"It speaks of two?" She asked surprised.

"What do you mean?"

"I am the angel, right?"

"How did you-"

"Not important. It has to speak of two. How can an angel who has never learned to fly, relearn it? Have you all spent this whole time thinking it was only about me?"

"....yeah... don't blame me. We were all left to interpret it ourselves." I defended myself when a look of disbelief washed over her face. "Prophecies are meant to be confusing."

"Tell me what else you know about me. You said you knew plenty earlier."

I froze. Does she know about soulmates? Does she know I'm her soulmate? Does that make me the second angel in the prophecy? I haven't flown since I fell, I only use my wings to intimidate others. Shit.

I told her the story of how she was sent to the human world. Gabriel must've known, that's why he was so adamant on allowing it. The human might've too.

"If I give you this, you set me free?" She asked, waving the book around slightly.

"I was going to make a deal with you earlier. You stay with me until you understand what you have to do as an angel in the human world and all that shit, and then if you still wanted to leave you could. But now I can't do that. You have to stay. If your father knows any of this he'll be after you. You won't be safe."

"But I know not to trust him now."

"That's not what I'm worried about."

"Then what are you worried about?"

"I can't tell you until my suspicions are confirmed. And that journal will confirm them for me." I said pointing to the book in her hand.

She looked between me and the journal. "Don't tell me you have more questions. I'm all truthed out for the week."

She let out a weak laugh, shaking her head as she handed me the book. I wondered what her real laugh sounded like.

"Come on." I said, standing up. I magically undid her restraints and held out my hand for her. "You must be hungry."

She gently placed her right hand in mine. It was soft and small. I pulled her to her feet. The bag was now slung over her left shoulder and I teleported us into an empty alleyway near the appartment, slipping back into my usual disguise.

"What would you like?" I asked as I tugged her into the busy sidewalk.

"McDonalds please." She let out a huge smile.

"McDonalds?" I teased, "We're in New York and you want McDonalds?"

"Yes." She said matter-of-factly. Then a moment later, "Why are you suddenly being so nice?"

I want you to like me.

"I'm not allowed to be nice?" I asked in mock hurt, she just sent me a glare. I sighed. "I want to make it up to you."