7) i'm allowed to be pessimistic

Elizabeth:

I stood up slowly from where I was crouched in front of my dresser. It allowed me enough time to muster up some fake tears. As far as he knew, I didn't know anything.

"Baby Bear?" He asked, "Is that you?"

I turned around, letting the waterworks loose. "Daddy?" I sobbed. His skin was only a shade lighter, I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't know the truth. And his eyes no longer held their usual sparkle. "Oh daddy, you're alright!" I rushed into his open arms.

"What happened sweetheart? I woke up in a ditch and couldn't find you anywhere. I was so worried."

Oh you woke up in a ditch alright.

"I tried to save you daddy. These three men were beating you up in a parking lot but before I could get there I tripped and fell. I think maybe I blacked out because I woke up in this strange place. It was dark and hot and sticky. Oh it was so awful daddy. But I did what you told me. I escaped daddy."

That wasn't entirely a lie. I was trapped in a dark, hot, sticky place just yesterday. And I did talk my way out of it like he had taught me. But I told the truth. I didn't have to lie. And here I was doing it again, using his own tricks against him.

"He was following you." Brett whispered into my hair. "Don't worry. He's gone now. But we better hurry before he comes back with his friends."

Shit. What happened to Elijah?

"Daddy what's going on? Why were those men attacking you?" I sniffed, pulling my head out of his shoulder to wipe my tears.

"That doesn't matter now Baby Bear. You're safe now."

He walked me toward the full length mirror in the corner or my room. Mirror travel?

"Hold your breath, Lizzie."

I watched as his eyes began to turn metallic silver and the pendant around his neck start to glow. Then I shut my eyes and held my breath.

Elijah:

Fucking hell.

Those bastards came out of nowhere. I'd recognized them immediately. They were the prisoners from 18 years ago. They must've escaped with him.

I knew this would be dangerous. But I didn't expect to be overpowered by about twenty souls. They'd snuck up on me. As soon as Elizabeth went into the house they blocked me from following her. Some grabbed onto me from behind and held me down while the others knocked me out. I couldn't even move. They must've had silver. Any supernatural creature's weakness.

When I awoke, they were long gone and the sun was setting in the sky. They took her. I knew they did. But I still ran inside the house looking for anything. Any sign that she was okay. I found nothing.

Just as I got back into the car, my phone rang. It was Levi.

"What did you find?"

"Bold of you to assume we found something, Eli."

"If you didn't, you're doing a terrible job because I was just attacked by 20 escaped souls. Care to explain that?"

"They knew where to go." He said. "And they weren't they only ones. You remember those unidentified breaches we've been having?"