|1|

tap tap tap

click

tap tap

Groggily you sit up, rubbing your tired eyes and looking around the room. You turn to look at the little alarm clock that's sits on Kuroo's side table.

[ 1:48 AM ]

You let out an inaudible sigh, not wanting to alert him that you woke up just yet. You watched your boyfriends head as he sits at his desk, back facing you and the computer the only thing illuminating the room.

You watch the shadow of his fingers on the wall rapidly type his essay. It was so uncharacteristic of him to do something so important last minute, but recently he's been really busy between school and volleyball; His teachers have been upping the workload recently.

You couldn't help but feel bad for him, you wanted to help him out somehow-also it's really cold without him next to you which made you pout slightly.

Still tired and eyes half-lidded, you drowsily begin to get up and try to quietly make your way to him; of course, he heard you.

"Sorry" he groaned as he looks over his shoulder, watching you almost trip over your own to feet to come to him. He frowns, running his fingers through (somehow) his even more messy hair followed buy him taking off his reading glasses to rub his eyes.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, did I wake you up? I can move to the living room if you want me too"

"No.. no your fine you didn't wake me up" you mumbled, voice filled with drowsiness, not wanting to make him upset with himself for waking you up you decided to just give a little white lie.

Rubbing your eyes, standing behind him you leaned over wrapping your arms around his neck and looking at his screen.

'he's not even half way done' you thought

"Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Aren't you tired?" he looked at you, his brows furrowed. "Don't worry about it. Go to sleep, I don't wanna bother you"

"Tetsurou.. you're never a bother you big idiot and besides i'm so used to sleeping with you at this point, i don't think i'd be able to go back to sleep now!" you laughed softly.

"Don't worry about me okay? My morning classes got canceled for tomorrow so i don't have to wake up early"

Kuroo hummed in response nuzzling his head into your neck. "Stay with me then? He asked rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly, a light blush apparent on his cheeks.

"Gladly" you smiled, removing your arms from around his neck and moving to the side of his chair. Kuroo pushes his chair back so you could sit on his lap. You gladly take a seat on him with your back faced to the computer, straddling his waist and your face in the crook of his neck so he can still see his work.

Snuggling into his warmth, Kuroo let's out a sigh of content as he rubs your back softly and kisses your cheek before continuing on with his work. You on the other hand, tried your best to prevent your yawns from escaping so he wouldn't feel bad for keeping you up with him.

"Nice try but I heard that, you seem to be pretty sleepy huh?" He teases, shaking his head and then continues to type.

"...Tetsu' .. are you sure ther-" you cut yourself off with a yawn, "nothing you want me to help with?"

He laughs quietly, patting your back, " No no,, just you being here is enough don't worry okay?" you nodded your head. Resting your cheek onto his shoulder, pressing a soft kiss onto his neck.

You tried your best to stay awake with him, you didn't want to fall asleep while he's still awake-but at some point you accidentally let your eyes close, the hypnotizing noise of Kuroos constant typing and the sound of his soft breathing slowly lulled you to sleep.

[time skip]

Kuroo sighs, he finally finished his work and was on the verge of passing out right in his desk chair. You were so quiet and he was so tired that he almost forgot you were in his lap and was about to stand up.

Luckily though he caught himself before hand, realizing you've fallen asleep he smiles and peppers soft kisses all over you face.

"So beautiful" he murmured to himself as he pushed a few strands of your hair away from your face.

Kuroo wraps his arms underneath your legs and around your waist, slowly standing up so he doesn't awaken you. He takes you to the bed, moving the blankets away and gently setting you down covering you with the blankets once more. He presses a soft kiss to your nose before settling in next to you.

He pulls you closer to him so your face is now resting onto his chest. He stays awake a little longer, looking at you with fondness in his eyes.

"I really love you, you know that?"

he softly says, before feeling himself drift off into his own sleep.

___

𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐲: 𝐦𝐞!