21: Look Here

When I woke the next morning, diffuse light was snaking into the room through the bare windows beside me and Taehyung was snoring softly beside me. I rolled over onto my elbow to look at his naked form. He was on his stomach and sprawled out over more than half of the mattress. I took a finger and trailed it over the muscles in his back, down to the dimples just above his ass. He looked bigger in that moment than I remembered him being, but then thoughts of the night before flooded my brain and I leaned back into to pillows, rubbing my fingers across my lips as I remembered what his had felt like.

A sound from the kitchen pulled me from my memories. Taehyung slept like the dead and didn't stir, so I grabbed the gun from his discarded clothes and slowly made my way through the shadows. I braced my back against the wall and took a breath before swinging out through the door, gun raised and ready.

Jimin glanced up at me from where he crouched in the floor over a pile of leftover noodles. His eyes walked over me from my head, to the gun in my hands, to my feet, before he grinned and looked back down at the mess he was trying to clean up.

"How good do you think you'll be in a fight when you're butt-naked?"

"What," I rasped out, confused. I looked down and realized what he meant. "Fuck."

"I can see that. Apparently he wore your voice out this time, too."

I cursed again and spun back around to the bedroom to grab my clothes, pulling them on hastily before stomping back into the kitchen. Jimin was just dumping the container into the trash, but he looked me over again as he did. Then he shrugged.

"I wasn't complaining," he said with a chuckle that quickly brought a wince as he grabbed the bandaged wound at his shoulder. I rushed forward to check him, but he leaned away with a hard look. I glared at him and stepped closer, tugging at the bandages to look underneath. He pushed me away slowly, not losing the cautious cast of his eyes.

"I'm fine. I've been shot half a dozen times. Nothing new." He watched me out of the corner of his eyes a moment before going back to the fridge, opening the door and staring at its meager contents.

I pulled myself up onto the counter and watched him. "Sorry, we didn't leave much. We didn't expect you to be up and mobile so soon."

"Like I said," he replied without turning, "I've been shot before. I recover quickly."

"So I see." I flinched when he slammed the fridge door, but relaxed when I saw the cute way his eyes and mouth rounded when he turned back around.

"Oops."

My heart warmed at his smile. I'd missed that smile. "I could go get us something. I'm getting hungry myself and I'm sure Tae will want something when he gets up."

Jimin snorted and looked away. "I'm sure he'll be out for a while after your workout."

"What's your deal, Jimin? Why are you so pissy towards me now? You know I'm not a threat to you. I'm not working against you guys. I'm with you. All of you."

His eyes flashed with anger as he looked at me. "I know who you are."

I took a deep breath, letting it out slowly as I watched Jimin's anger boil just below the surface. "And? How does that matter? I thought you'd be happy. You seemed to love Natalia more than any of them."

"This has all just been a game to you, hasn't it? Making us fall in love with you all over again just so you can use it against us! Jin was right to send you away. You should've stayed gone. Or died for real. It would've been better."

I sucked in a breath, pulling back as I did. Jimin seemed to know he'd gone too far because his face softened just a little.

"I'm not going to hurt you," I said softly, sliding off the counter. "I would kill myself before I'd let that happen."