22.

I was sitting on my bed studying. "So um...do you miss her" Annie asked. I nodded and said "Yes but I'm still mad too." There were a few knocks at the door. I got up and opened it. I saw Spencer. It didn't help that I was only in my underwear and one of Max's hoodies. "Hey, can you help me study" I just stared at her "How did you know where my dorm was" she pointed to the sign on the door. It had my name and Annie's on it "Right. Sure I guess" I let her in and closed the door. Annie looked surprised "Who's that"

I sat on my bed and so did Spencer. "This is Spencer, she's in our math class...we're studying." Annie just went back to her work. It was nice because Spencer actually needed help with the material and it didn't really feel like a date. Annie stood up and I quickly said "Are you leaving" she nodded and said "Jen wants me to come over. I'll be back in an hour. She left and she didn't even close the door. It got quiet "Look" I turned to her "I've been in a situation where I've wanted to be with someone but I also wanted to go to my ex" I looked at the ground

"I understand if you want to stop talking to me." I shook my head and said "No, I do like you, I do. I'm sorry" she shook her head and said "I won't mind if we can remain friends. You're a lot sweeter than I thought you'd be." I scoffed and said "I'm not sweet" she grinned "Then what are you." I couldn't come up with an answer. "On the outside you definitely look like you taste sweet." She gave me a slight glare. In that silence tension rose and then it happened. We kissed.

The kiss wasn't too long but it was definitely something I'll remember. She pushed her book off the bed and got closer. She bit my lip softly and we pulled back. Out of my peripheral I saw someone. I quickly looked to see Max and I remembered that Annie didn't close the door. She had a bouquet of peonies in her hand and she just left. I jumped off the bed faster than I ever have.

Luckily I made it into her room before she shut the door. She threw the flowers at the wall and I shut the door "Max" she turned and her beautiful emerald eyes were red with tears in them. "I love you! I love you so much and I know I'm an idiot. I broke up with you because I was being childish and I'm sorry." She was getting hysterical. To the point where her tears began to cloud her vision. Amber was just confused. She then left the room. "I'm sorry and I loved you so much. And I want you back" I felt so bad

"Why would you kiss her. And you kissed her in my hoodie. You kissed her with a part of me on you." I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her into the tightest embrace. She cried into my shoulder. "Is this how Frankie felt when you kissed Pete" she said and I shook my head "No, this is the strongest reaction I've ever gotten from a partner" she calmed down and she sat down. She pulled me on her lap and I said "Max this isn't the time. I feel really bad right now" She wasn't even listening. "There is one thing that she'll never get as long as I'm alive...can you guess what it is" I wiped her eyes. "Yes" I said softly. She pinned me under her and pulled the cover on top of us. I'm sorry Spencer, it's not going to happen.

|~|~|~|~|~|

Can you relate to any character in the story?