Chapter 4

Noahs POV/-

We sat in the diner booth for the next 30 minutes until Parker and I needed to get home. My parents needed us both home for dinner with some of their new business partners. Now normally, I wouldn't attend because my parents used it as an ego boost for my brother and would talk about how great he is, but this time they want me to attend because a kid my age will be there. Fingers crossed; it's a guy because I really don't want to see my parents try and set my brother up with another girl, so he can finally get a steady girlfriend according to them. They usually fail to realise that the girl and him would then hook up and then never talk to each other ever again unless it's for any other gatherings my parents would host.

I entered my house with Parker, only to be welcomed by my parents, note the sarcasm.

"No no no. Get ready. We have guests coming over soon," rolling my eyes at my mom's classic pre-host behaviour.

I reply miffed, "Yes mom, you made that very clear when you called me 20 times at Parker's audition," to which she replies by saying

"Oooh, are you both now open about your relationship," nudging Parker who is now standing there uncomfortably next to me.

"No mom, and we will never be because I am straighter than a stick,"

"Sticks can break,"

"That still will be straight, but now instead of one stick there will now be two very straight sticks,"

My mom rolls her eyes but replies anyway saying, "Back to the point Noah. We will still love you straight or not,"

"I'm straight, what else do you want from me? Why do you want a gay son so bad? Honestly isn't Parker enough," I reply, gesturing to Parker while walking into my room before shouting "No offence!" to Parker. To which he then replies with, "None taken."

Taking a steaming hot shower, I then change into a white hoodie and jeans. I mean, to be honest; I couldn't care less about impressing mom and dad's guests. They usually only pay attention to Nate, anyway who was already playing dumb rap music from his room, no offence to rap music it's great when it has a proper meaning, but not when it says I wanna bang girls all night and do drugs like bruh we get it you want to die really early and want STD's. Plus, all the teenagers that do come for these dinners are either really annoying guys who think they are the shit cause their parents also think they are the shit. Like dude, we all know you are not. Don't even get me started on the girls either they are really bitchy and are only attracted to my brother's bad boy persona or they are just plain rude like, come on I'm cute too. I think.

Exiting my room, I heard the doorbell ring. Luckily my dad answered the door, so I didn't have to. Savouring my last minute of peace, I entered the living to be greeted by a familiar face.

"CARAMEL!" I shout.

"What are you doing here?" she asked accusingly.

Smirking I reply, "Gee Caramel, don't sound too excited to see me and I live here,"

"Ohh," she replies looking down.

After a couple of seconds, mom clears her throat and says, "Anyway, welcome to our home. Dinner is ready, so just follow me."

A few minutes into the dinner, dad decides to ask, "So um, how do you and Noah really know each other anyway?" he directs the question to Caramel, who ends up shifting in her seat uncomfortably, now that everyone's gazes were now locked on to her.

"We met at school during Parker's audition, plus we're in the same grade," she says smoothly. Curious, mom says, "Oh, so you do theatre like Parker I assume,"

"Um actually no, my best friend Cathy does theatre. I met Noah while trying to get a snack,"

To which, unfortunately, my brother replies with an obnoxious wink, "You look like a snack."

Caramel then replies, "If I were a snack, I would be a jawbreaker. If you try to 'break' me, your jaw will be broken in response."

She didn't even seem fazed by my brother's dumb attempt to flirt. My brothers' eyes lit up with shock, but he masked it with one of is annoying yet signature smiles. Mum then decides it's the perfect chance to set my brother and Caramel up.

"So, Alina I hear your single," mom states but phrases it more like a question.

"Yeah I am," she replies half-heartedly.

"So is Nate. You two would really hit it off," she suggests hopefully but this time her statement pisses me off, unlike all the other times.

"Sorry, but I don't typically go for the fuckboy persona," she replies nonchalantly, though her face still retains its polite demeanour.

Her bluntness throws us all off guard. Parker is chocking on his water, while simultaneously trying to refrain himself from laughing his ass off in front of everyone. It seems as if Alina's little brother was doing the same.

Embarrassed Alina's mom apologizes for Alina's words, but you can clearly see that Caramel wasn't affected by it. Nate seems impressed however by her bluntness, that it shuts him up for the rest of the dinner.

My dad then intervenes, asking Alina about her type as if it were a reasonable thing to ask. To which Alina replies, "It didn't occur to me that this dinner was supposed to be a set up for getting me a date, but if you must know, though it isn't anybody's business, I'd like a nice patient guy." She shrugged her shoulders.

Parker then suggests, "What about Noah he's single and patient,"

I immediately looked aghast, why did he bring me into this, but I am not the only who felt that way. The entire table did but Caramel still seems unfazed. I mean seriously she has the emotional range of a stick. To which she answers without caution saying, "Sure, he wouldn't. be the worst to date."

Her answer shocked everyone on the table, especially me.

Smartass here! Remember to vote and comment on this chapter. You guys can leave a comment on a question you guys want us to answer.

Q/- Favourite character in the book so far?

A/-

Smartass: Hard to choose but I would pick Noah he's my baby. 

Dumbass: Probably Alina or Parker. Alina, I connect to the most since while writing her chapters I inserted a bit of my personality into her. Parker honestly is just a mood so.