Chapter 5

Alina's POV/-

 "Alina, your behaviour in there was absolutely uncivil," my mum yammered on. She had started that since we got in the car. "You know the rule about swearing and you completely disrespected that young man." Theo, my little brother, snickered. I elbowed the little culo. I honestly was surprised my mum hadn't decided to scold me in Spanish yet. Looking out onto the streets, we passed the beautiful suburban houses. Their natural cottage-esque looks started to blend into the more modern villas, a style that I had grown accustomed to. Though I would rather live in those quaint cottage-like houses. Not that I'm not great for all the space at my house.

"Mija, are you listening to me?" Interrupted my train of thought.

"Yes mum, I'm listening," I rolled my eyes, hoping she didn't see that.

"You need to behave better in front of people, understand?"

"Especially, in front of my business partners," my dad interjected, "They have heard such nice things about you"

"Nice," I scoffed,"What kind of nice things."

I plopped onto my bed, the cushions bounced slightly. Maggie Lindemann's Pretty Girl starts playing from my phone.

"Hey there, Lina," Cathy's gleeful voice came through the phone.

"Hey, Cath, any update on Grease,"

"No, but I called you because I heard something," her voice slightly altering.

I let out an exasperated breath, "You want me to ask what, don't you?"

"You know me so well."

"Ok then, what did you hear?" I said, rolling my eyes.

"A little birdy told me, that you have a thing for Noaaahhh," she dragged his name out, succeeding in annoying me. Wait, did she say Noah. I abruptly sat up.

"No, I don't. Where'd you get that from though?" I question, wanting to strangle whoever suggested it.

"Parker texted me," her tone quickly changed," Also, why didn't you tell me you were going to have dinner with Noah"

"It was a business dinner my parents dragged me and Theo to," I said though it was quite obvious I had no choice in the manner, "It was a really weird one at that."

"What do you mean weird," she questioned.

"It was like they were trying to set me up with Noah's brother."

"Okay that's super weird," she paused," Wait, isn't Noah's brother Nate."

"Yup, like honestly why would I go for that?"

"I don't know, but don't all girls go for the bad boy thing,"

"Cathy. This is real life, not Grease."

"I can differentiate real life from a movie."

"Is that sarcasm I detect Catherine?"

"Wow, really Catherine," I could sense the eye roll through the phone,"but where did Noah and Parker come into all of this?"

"Parker was at the dinner table, and he asked if I would date Noah. Simple as that."

"Soooooo, if I set you guys up on a date. You would go?"

"No. I wouldn't because you know that I am not going to date anyone while I'm in high school."

"You didn't have that attitude two years ago. I remem-,"

"I thought we agreed we would never discuss 10th grade ever again."

"Wellll, I still say you need to, but," she dragged it out yet again," you still aren't dating again." I rolled my eyes yet again.

"I am not not dating because of that, I'm not dating because it isn't relevant and it's distracting."

"Honey, you need a therapist. I have tried to be your very own on-call therapist but you really need one."

"Don't you honey me, Cathy," I said rolling my eyes, "And I don't need a therapist. I am completely fine "

"ALLLLIII!" I slowly fluttered my eyes open, to all my cushions bouncing higher and higher when I noticed the real root of the bouncing. Theo was jumping up and down on my bed.

"Theo! What happened?"

"Mama's says to tell you that Toms on FaceTime downstairs," Theo grinned, his smile showing his missing teeth.

"Okay Theo, give me a few minutes and I'll be right down."

I quickly brushed my teeth and ran down the stairs. Thomas called every week since he went off to college. I jumped next to mum near the sofa.

"Hey there Al," Thomas said, he waved through the computer.

"Sup Tommy," Theo giggled at the old nickname.

"Really AL? I'm not a child," Thomas pouted.

"Hows college Tommy?" I ask, "You coming back home soon?"

"College's cool and all," he shrugged it off completely,"I don't really know when I'm coming back, my courses are piling up."

"Aww, Tommy. I wanted to play with you," Theo said his eyes glistening.

"Oh c'mon. You got him saying it too," Thomas said, "And Theo, how bout the next time I come over I bring something back, like......a little snow globe!" Theo's little face perked up at the snow globe.

"Yaaayyyyy!!! Thanks, To-,"

"Hey Alina, there's someone at the door for you." My dad interjected.

AN/- Hey there, this is dumbass. Just wanna say, I hope that your quarantines are going fine. You guys can comment some questions, down there. We also would love some feedback on our story.

Today's question:

Q: Most over-rated book(series)?

A: 

Dumbass- A Court of Thorns and Roses or Throne of Glass

Smartass- Twilight, hands down

Remember to vote and comment