Chapter 13

Alina's POV-

"No, no, no!" I threw dress after dress onto the bed, "Why isn't there anything to where ugggghhhhhhh."

"Allllllllll, honestly all of these work," a muffled voice came from underneath the clothes.

"Oh shit, sorry Cath." Cathy emerged from the pile of clothes, spilling them across my room.

"Just calm down," Cathy said, "It's just a small ice cream date. It's not like you haven't been on a date before." I sat at the edge of my bed, my face in my hands, groaning.

"It's just it's been a while since I even went on one and I really don't want to mess this up."

"Chill out, it's not gonna be like last time," Cath sat next to me snuggling her head into my next, "but if it ever goes wrong just text me the letter R."

"Why the letter R?"

"It's for red alert," she nudged me, "what else?"

"But what would you do? What if your eating dinner with your family?" I looked down to her, her brown eyes the most stoic I've ever been.

"You know I love you right?"

"Love you too, Ali."

"I think I finally found it!" Cathy pulled out a cute yellow summer dress that had disappeared years ago, "Thank god, you don't grow," I glared at her, "Oh don't be like that. You know it's true, now go try it on." She threw the dress at me.

"Whaddya think," I threw my arms up and spun around.

"Yasss, work it, Al," she hollered. I rolled my eyes at her, "Strut yo stuff Al." I jokingly walked acrosses the room. After a couple of minutes of giggles, I looked at the clock-" SHIT!, I'm late."

"Oh FUCK."

I grabbed my cardigan and ran out of the house. Noah was there sitting on top of his car.

"Finally, you took your damn time."

"I am so sorry, I lost track of time."

"Eh, I'm just being dramatic. Let's just go." I quickly jumped into the car.

"You look pretty," Noah looked my way.

"Thanks," I tucked my a strand of hair behind my ear. Why am I being so shy? The hell? What has happened to me?

"No witty comment? Nothing about me being flattery," he chuckled.

"Well, you sort of did that yourself just now, you know," I retorted finally regaining my confidence.

"Touché Caramel, touché," Noah acknowledged, bringing back the nickname I see, "You only say that because you're speechless."

"Sure, Cohen, sure," I rolled my eyes. He quickly went onto his phone, "Dude. Eyes on the street."

"It's just gonna take a few seconds," he tapped away with a hand on his steering wheel, "Okay I'm done."

Lights go down, and

The night is calling me, yeah

I hear voices......

"One Direction, today I see," looking towards him.

"Was it a good enough reason to not look at the road," he grinned.

"I'll let you out of it today, but never again. Got it?" I lifted an eyebrow.

"Even if it is in the name of music," he pouted.

"Of course, even then." I rolled my eyes.

"I love this feeling that right now

I wish you were here with me

'Cause right now

Everything is new to me

You know I can't fight the feeling

And every night I feel it

Right now," he sang, well more like screeched.

"Noa-" "I wish you were here with me

Late-night spaces,"

"Please sh-" "With all our friends, you and me, yeah

Love these faces

Just like how it used to be

And we won't be going home

For so long, for so long, but I know,

I won't be on my own, on my own,"

"Oh my-" "I'm feeling like right now

I wish you were here with me

'Cause right now

Everything is new to me

You know I can't fight the feeling

And every night I feel it

Right now

I wish you were here with me

And I could do this fo- HEY!" I pulled out the aux cord.

"What was that for?!" he said.

"You know why! You sing, sorry I mean screech like a pterodactyl." His mouth aghast, with his hand, pressed against his chest, "Oh don't be like that! You look like Garfield on a Monday."

"You know what, you are everything I have ever wanted in a girl," he said looking towards me. I feel my face heating up, thank god my face doesn't show the blush that much, "You know like you actually like what I like." My smile slowly fading of my face, but alas I put it back up.

"You should thank Catherine," I rolled my eyes, "She made me watch it with her."

"Well then," he leaned over to me," I shall thank her."

We walked through the park towards the little ice cream truck that had become a social staple in any relationship in our school. From summer flings to long term relationships.

"I actually have to commend them for making it so aesthetic honestly. Like the pastel looks and the milky white that brings it all together," I admired the cute truck with a tent flap up above.

"Don't forget the splash of Tuscan sun yellow," Noah chimed in.

"Oooh, Tuscan yellow. Love the name," I nudged Noah.

"Well, I have to be good at something don't I especially since I have the voice of a pterodactyl according to some people," he said while we approached the truck, "One single scooped cookie dough and a singled scooped caramel, please. Both in cones."

He slipped the money towards her. As she scooped the ice cream, we stood talking. "So you know my ice cream order?" I asked shyly, fuck what is happening to me.

"It isn't hard Caramel. Why else would I call you caramel?" he chuckled his blue eyes glistening in the sun. I never realised how clear they are and the small specks of brown in them. They honestly were gorgeous.

"Hey, earth to Caramel!" His hand waved in front of my face, "Alina! You there?"

I shook myself out of it. "Yeah I'm back," he handed me my ice cream, "Thanks also, I'm paying next time," I said leaning into him as we walked.

"So there will be a next time?" He let out, his blue eyes shining and the brown specks more prominent than ever.

"Hmm, maybe," I said with a cheeky smile.

AN/- Hey there guys it dumbass and we are officially back. We decided to take a break during the summer. Also as a heads up since we are starting a crucial stage for college preparations and such we may not be updating as regularly but we will be trying to do it every Saturday. However please do remember to vote and follow. Thank you