Chapter 9

Alina's POV/-

"Hey there, Theo." I waved at Theo as he came towards Noah's car. He opened the car door and climbed into the backseat of the car.

"So, how was school little man?" Noah said.

"Eh, the usual," Theo shrugged his shoulders while he put on his seatbelt, "Sebastian was messing with some of the girls in our grade. It's the same situation every day."

"Wow, I see they start chasing girls young these days," Noah said rolling his eyes, while he accelerated.

"Only the douches," Theo replied shockingly, "And Sebastian is the biggest of all douches."

"THEO, since when did you use such language," I interjected.

"But it's true. They are major douche-bags!"

"You heard the little man. They are major douches," Noah chimed in. I looked at him astonished.

"You aren't supposed to agree with him," I hot his arm.

"Hey hey hey," Noah side-eyed me, "I am driving over here."

"Of course of course," I raised my hands, "But the only reason you know so much about douches is that because you are one as well."

"Ow, Caramel you wound me," Noah dramatically sighed.

"You know I can quite vividly imagine you dramatically placing your hand on your chest and sighing," Theo said.

"Vividly? Theo, since when did you start using complicated words," I looked over my shoulder towards Theo, "You are in the 3rd grade." Theo rolled his eyes at me.

"Just because I'm dyslexic doesn't mean I don't know any," Theo slyly said, "Big words." In which he air quoted.

"What would mum say to that sass."

"Mama would say," Theo put his arms on his hips dramatically. He then said in a high posh voice, "Theo Rodriguez, how dare you sass your mother. Go to your room now."

"Little man's impressions are good," Noah said as he nodded. I rolled my eyes and just smiled until we get home.

Theo ran out of the car as soon as Noah drove into our driveway.

"Bye big man!" He yelled as he ran into the house. He sure does run fast. I raised my eyebrow at that fact that he ran as soon as we parked.

"That boys got a pair of legs," Noah huffed out, "Our high-school needs him on our track and field if they ever want to get some medals."

"Oh, give our team some credit," I rolled my eyes, "plus he's only a kid." I opened the car and stepped out, "Also my brother is waaaay better than anyone on the team." I quickly walked towards my house, then I heard.

"Hey, you wanna get some ice cream someday?" I turned around to face a sweet smile on Noah's face.

"Sure thing, Cohen," I surprised both myself and Noah with that answer.

"I'll text you the time and place," Noah said before leaving the driveway.

"He asked you on a date!!" Cathy exclaimed while hugging one of my pillows.

"No," I repeated myself pointedly for the 3rd time, "It's probably about Mr. Perera's project. Remember some of us actually care about school work. Not caring about how stupid is." Cath threw her pillow at me.

"I do give a shit about my school work," she stated, "I just happen to not go crazy."

"I am not crazy," I shrugged, "Just determined."

"More like obsessed," Cath scoffed. I swear the nerve of this kid sometimes.

"I am not obsessed! What do I have to do for you to drop this obsessed topic." I decided to see what she was willing to wager.

"Hmmm. Do I sense a bit coming up," Cathy slyly said rubbing her chin.

"You sense correctly young padawan. So what are we betting."

"How 'bout this? If you join one extracurricular, a long term one mind you, then I will drop your obsessiveness." She grinned as if she was a genius.

"Oh that's easy, way too easy," I side-eyed her, "What's the catch."

"I get to choose the extracurricular." Oh, shit. She better not pick some performing one.

"Fine, but that means a better reward," I twirl my hair, "You also have to buy me lunch every day till graduation annnndd I get to pick your prom dress." Cathy also has an obsession. A certain prom dress she has had her eye on.

"Deal and that's only because I'm so sure that you won't be able to actually go through with it." Cathy put her hand out, a huge grin on her face.

"You are so on," I smirked and shook her hand.

AN/- Oooooo, what's going to happen. Anyway, hey there to the few readers that read this. it's dumbass here. Remember to vote, follow and comment.

Q: "If you had to tattoo your arm with a message to yourself, what would you write?"

A:

Dumbass- 'Out of a mountain of despair, a stone of hope' -Martin Luther King Jr.

Smartass- It would be a book quote. I DON'T know which one though.