Moving Day

Kassi felt her phone ringing in her pocket, it was a text from her best friend Xylie.

Xylie: I can't believe you're actually moving

Kassi: I know it happened so fast

I don't think I'm able to keep up with this

Xylie: Why are you moving?

And where?

Kassi: This place Amity Park

And we're moving because apparently my parents new positions as ghost hunters required it

I tried to convince them otherwise since kids have a say in this too

But you know how I always feel ignored by them...

Xylie: It's sad, but at least you got to spend most of summer with us before you could leave

Kassi: Yeah and it was really fun hanging with you guys

I really miss you guys and all the fun times we had together

Xylie: Don't feel so bad Kassi

Knowing you you'll make some fast friends, just don't forget about us

Kassi: Like I'll forget you guys

Well, I gotta go

Need to clean my room talk to you tomorrow

Xylie: Well, good night

Kassi went into a deep clean mode. Vacuuming her carpet a million times, scrubbing the toilet, sink and shower, wiping the shelves and windows from top to bottom. Once she finished she fell to the floor for a well deserved rest.

Right when she hit the floor, "Kassi!" Her mother yelled, Kassi groaned turning over on her back. "Pizza's here!"

Kassi tried to get up, her limbs sore and having to walk down a flight of stairs. Every step feeling like she was walking on broken glass. She finally reached the kitchen island where her mom, three older brothers and step dad stood.

"Where's it from?" She asked.

"Domino's." Leon, the youngest of the three boys answered.

Kassi made a disgusted look and walked back to her room. She continued working on her room trying to figure out her full size bed frame. She quickly got frustrated with the frame that she tried deciding how the rest of her room would look.

She gazed upon her walk in closet, "It looks so empty... I know how to fix that." She grabbed the rest of her boxes and started organizing her shoes and clothes. Once she finished she plugged in the light to her mirror.

She touched the mirror glass, "Ugh," disgusted, "I'm a mess." she turned the mirror light on and touched the glass again, only this time it wasn't solid. She retracted her hand quickly. She poked her head in, a place so... "Cool." She said in amazement.

"Kassi? Kassi!" She heard from outside.

Kassi quickly got out and turned the mirror light off before anyone could see her.

"There you are!" Her step dad walked in, "Sorry about dinner Kass, no one told me you were picky." He seemed genuinely remorse.

"I prefer the term refined tastes."

"Anyway, I want to make it up to you. We'll go into town tomorrow and I'll buy you anything you want."

Kassi looked up at him raising a brow, "Anything?"