Mystery Meat

Danny, Kassi, Sam and Tucker are sitting in front of the ghost portal.

"So, Danny..." Mr. Fenton starts, "You and your little friends want to hunt ghosts?"

"Uh, actually, Dad? I want to be an astronaut." Danny corrected him in an almost meek tone.

"Sorry, Mr. Fenton. I was into ghosts, but they're so mainstream now. They're like cellphones." Sam just looked to the side.

"Waste these looks and all this charisma hunting ghosts? Criminal." Tucker looked at Mr. Fenton.

Kassi just looks bored, "And I... don't really care." she answered nonchalantly.

"Well, if you do want to hunt ghosts, there are a few things you need to learn." Mr. Fenton turns to a table with lab equipment and beakers.

Danny and Kassi's ghost sense suddenly goes off.

"Oh no," Danny mumbled.

The four friends notice the portal door opening.

Kassi turned her head, "This isn't good."

Two ectopuses escape from the portal. The two ghosts grab Sam and Tucker around their mouths and lift them up out of their chairs.

"True, I've never seen a ghost, but when I do, I'll be prepared." Mr. Fenton remarked.

Danny and Kassi have alarmed expressions on their faces. The ectopuses still have Sam and Tucker in their grasp.

"And so will you. Whether you want to be or not." Mr. Fenton continued talking.

Danny gets a determined look on his face. Mr. Fenton is still messing with the lab equipment while Kassi and Danny jump, the two go ghost and begin to fight the ectopuses.

Mr. Fenton, while oblivious to all the commotion, "It all starts with your equipment." Mr. Fenton holds up a thermos. Behind him, an ectopus goes flying past him.

Sam and Tucker are flung back into their chairs and Mr. Fenton walks over to them.

"Sam, Tucker, Kassi, this is the Fenton Thermos." Mr. Fenton hands the thermos to Sam, and both Sam and Tucker look at it as Mr. Fenton turns back to the table. "It's supposed to trap ghosts," Mr. Fenton doesn't notice the ectopus go flying past. "but since it doesn't work yet it's just a thermos. A thermos with the word 'Fenton' in front of it."

The ectopuses look defeated and dizzy and fly back into the portal. Danny and Kassi are human again. The portal suddenly closes and Mr. Fenton points at the closed portal.

"And that? That is the Fenton Portal. It releases ghosts into our world whether I want it to or not. And someday, I'll figure out how that," he taps the door, "works too." Mr. Fenton turns around and walks towards Sam and Tucker, towering over them. "Now, who wants to hunt some ghosts?"

Sam and Tucker are trembling while Danny and Kassi are panting, putting a hand on the back of Tucker and Sam's chair.

Mr. Fenton begins to speak. "You kids, look at you! You're too excited to speak! So I'll just go on speaking. I was born many years ago in a log cabin in the woods. Don't exactly remember where, but I do remember I wanted a pony." Kassi, Sam and Tucker look at Danny who only hangs his head. "Never got the pony. As a matter of fact, we had to eat horse meat during the war. I had a problem with that."

~~~~

Danny, Kassi, Sam, and Tucker walk through the hallways of Casper High before going up a flight of stairs.