SALAD SANDWICH

Ingredients

* 8 slices of toast bread (preferable white)* 3 eggs* 1/2 of a small onion* 2 lettuce leaves* 1 big tomato* 2 medium sized carrots* 1/2 of a small cabbage* 1 small cucumber* Meat/fish for filling of your choice* 3 tablespoon of mayonnaise* 1 table...

* 3 eggs
* 1/2 of a small onion
* 2 lettuce leaves
* 1 big tomato
* 2 medium sized carrots
* 1/2 of a small cabbage
* 1 small cucumber
* Meat/fish for filling of your choice
* 3 tablespoon of mayonnaise
* 1 tablespoon of ketchup
* Cherry tomatoes for garnish.

NOTE: Depending on what you like,you can choose what to put in the sandwich: 4 pieces of canned sardines, half a can of tuna/smoked marckerel or 2 tablespoon of corned beef. No matter what you choose, it is going to taste great. You can also replace mayonnaise and ketchup with some salad cream.

Once you decide on the ingredients, it is time to learn how to prepare a sandwich.

Directions

* The first thing to do is cook the egg

* The first thing to do is cook the egg. You can go with hard boiled or scrambled eggs for this recipe, so it is up to you to decide which one you crave more at the moment.

* Wash up the vegetables and prepare them for the sandwich. Cut it up into small pieces, finally grate the cabbage, carrots and half of a cucumber. Leave the lettuce to dry a bit before using it for the sandwich. You can also cut it to better fit the size and shape of your bread.

* During this preparatory stage, you should also cut off the crust from the bread. This makes the sandwich taste so much better. You can use the crust later to make croutons or breadcrumbs.

* In a bowl, mix together the vegetables and eggs. Add the mayonnaise/salad cream and mix well until you get a nice and (more or less) even paste.

* In a different bowl, mash your meat/fish with a fork, add the salad cream or the mayonnaise+ ketchup combo and combine until it is smooth. If you are using fish that came in oil, you might want to keep that oil to add to stews or to stir fry foods on it.

* Now the interesting part: assembling your sandwich. Take one piece of your bread and cover it with the mixture from the bowl. Put another piece of bread on top, then a slice of lettuce then another piece of bread covered with the mixture from the second bowl. Cover your growing sandwich tower with yet another piece of bread.

* Repeat the same process for the remainder of your ingredients. You should end up with two neat stacks of bread and filling. Once you do, take a sharp knife (the sharper the better) and cut the sandwich into triangles. If the knife is too dull, you will just end up squeezing the filling in the sandwich.

* Grab the leftover half of the cucumber and cut it into thin slices. Take a few toothpicks, add a few cucumber slices and a cherry tomato on top of each one and stick them into your sandwich triangles. Ta-da! Your dish is ready to be served to your most esteemed guests along with some beverages.

Wishing you and your family the blessings of Ramadan.

Ramadan Mubarak, don't forget to read your Qur'an.