Chapter 4

“I’m telling you, Using me as bait is a good idea if you can pull off what I have in mind.” Naegi stated as Kiri was pacing the floor, Taps echoing through the abandoned building.

The spiky brunette let out a sigh as he tapped the map spread out on a small table. 

“This is where they’ve been most active, Don’t you get it? If they see someone defenseless and alone like me. Won’t they think I’m just a simple hit and run and be done with it?” 

Her brows furrowed.

“Use your fucking head!” She shouted, Voice echoing throughout the building. Her lavender eyes watched as several glass objects rattled.

“I am! I’m not just a luckester like Mr. Magath said when we first met.” 

“General.” She snapped, rubbing her temples in frustration.

“Don’t you get it? Think of the possibilities! We could stop whoevers behind this. Make them talk and maybe even see if there's more people trying to make this city fall to its knees in despair.” Makoto pleaded, Declining a call from his mother.

Sighing, She sat down in her chair. Kirigiri resisted the urge to rip the map apart and do things her own way. It frustrated her very core that in a way he WAS right.

“Fine, But who will be there to save you if what you have planned goes south?” 

Naegi snorted.

“You of course.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Are you sure the system you devised up here will work?” Kirigiri questioned as the pair were on the rooftops, tying old cargo boxes to a strong and thick rope that was meant to be let go of but could be sat in place for when the time was right.

“If I draw whoever they are out into this alley, Then yes. What could possibly go wrong? I don’t just have luck on my side, dumbass.” 

Kyoko opened her mouth to speak against his smart remark.

Perhaps his hunch was right and they could catch someone, She wasn’t afraid of any possible outcome. After all, This was nothing more than a game of life and death. For once he was actually right. You do have to take gambles.

She sighed before replying.

“First thing’s first. I’m not a dumbass. Second of all, I’ll go with this. But you better not fuck it up.”

Her pale lavender eyes glared straight into Makoto’s as he swallowed hard.

“At best, If I fail to try to catch them alive we can just kill him.”

Kyoko snickered.

“Are you sure you could do something like that?”

Naegi looked down at the gun hidden in his dress slacks. 

“I truly doubt it. Blood on my hands isn’t a happy thought.”

In her mind, He truly was a pure one just like Celestia said. But that wasn’t what mattered right now.

“I’ll put my faith in you, Don’t ruin this chance, Naegi.”

That’s right, She put her faith in him and it went wrong.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Are you sure he’ll be alright?” A female voice murmured with pure fear.