Chapter 9

Both of them were sound asleep, Hand in hand as they slept. Sunlight shining through the windows as every cloud ceased and it was a bright morning.

Even if the two were both still in their sleep, The same couldn’t be said for the small female taking pictures of them and giggling evilly. She was only a child after all so she didn’t know just how much of an invasion of privacy this was for actual adults.

Komaru snickered as she was now recording the sleeping partners.

“Here we have a big brother and his admirer who showed up last night, Going through the rain just for him. Aren’t they so lovey-dovey?” She asked into the phone.

“She even slept with him, Isn’t that so cute?” She said with a giggle.

Kirigiri opened a single eye, It widened in fear at what she’d seen.

“Kid, Delete anything you took of this and you won’t walk out of this house in handcuffs.” She whispered Afraid of waking the male next to her as she let go of his hand, The warmth disappearing as an almost dull expression painted her face when glancing at Naegi’s sister.

“But you two seem so happy together, What do you even do together?” She asked, sitting on the floor while her eyes were glued to Kyoko who was attempting to silently fix her bedhead.

“Classified, Don’t pry in on adult life please.” She murmured, Stroking a sleeping Naegi’s cheek.

Kyoko shivered slightly as she glanced at her gloves and recalled the dream she’d had prior to awakening.

Voices ringing in her head made her hold her head slightly.

“Komaru was it? Leave us for a moment.” She whispered, Trembling as she squeezed the sheets tightly.

Watching the door shut Kirigiri then hung her head lowly, Gritting her teeth in frustration. She was never one to lose composure over something so petty. 

Nightmares were a rare occurrence for her but made her feel terrible as it was almost the same thing over and over again which only annoyed her. Kyoko laid back, Wiping sweat from her forehead while letting out a soft sigh.

“Uhm. G-good morning.” A soft mumble came from Naegi who was face first in his pillow, Eye looking towards the female who was a slight ball of nervousness.

Kirigiri shook her head and only scooted away slightly.

“Morning.” She said before getting out of the bed and stretching.

“How's that dumb wound?” She asked while grunting and shaking her head.

Naegi sat up, Holding his stomach while in deep thought.

“It’s easier to move without much pain so no more constant painkillers from that girl in the other division that wears a weird mask.” 

“You mean Seiko?” She replied, Glancing back at the male who was getting out of bed as well. 

Kyoko was still in uniform while he was in normal clothing. 

“Yeah, now go do what you need to do and get into standard uniform. We have work to do once the time is right. I’ll be driving myself home now that I don’t have to worry about the rain.” 

A slight frown formed on his lips as he nodded and opened his closet, Grabbing another folded standard uniform and his jacket off of the hanger.

“Now if you’ll excuse me I have to um… Shower ya know.” 

Hearing this, The female detective could have sworn both of them were blushing. Scooping up the gift she’d been given Kirigiri had awkwardly shuffled to the side.