Chapter 5

It had finally been a full week since the incident occured, Attempting to move was a pain in his ass, They’d started with making him constantly sit up and down as the wound slowly healed. He’d definitely be scarred there forever.

Kirigiri was on and off when it came to being by his side, Using her break to grab tea and stop by the bedridden new detective. A part of her heart genuinely felt like it was her heart for letting him pull such recklessness. 

Willing to sacrifice everything just for stopping a killer? He sure had guts. 

Kyoko’s worrying often got pointed out by Togami and his pet. That pet was Genocider Syo, No. Rather Touko Fukawa. A purple haired female who used to kill. Thanks to only having at least two general murders and a Togami as her lawyer. She attached herself to him not even due to the orders. She was apparently now in love with his Personality.

She could only describe Togami as a caring prick even if his teasing was frustrating as she was on standby. 

Kiri sat at the window below where they’d moved Naegi. He was attempting to move in a straight line while struggling. To counter this he’d gripped the pole holding his IV drip and tried moving forward.

“You really aren’t giving up on him huh?” The blonde called out, Fukawa clinging to his arm as his face was filled with slight disgust.

Kirigiri sipped her cup of tea sadly, The steam from the mug bringing her ease. 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Silently, He swiped away the report from Kyoko’s free hand.

“You’ve been trying to question when he’d recover after giving an explanation to the leader and the main council. From what I read here.” He paused, Squinting his eyes while shuffling papers, Shaking the former killer off his shoulder.

“Apparently it’ll take time because of brain damage from hitting his head when collapsing against the concrete, As well as his stomach and spine due to the length of the blade and now scarred and artificial flesh.” He read the report as the female detective was only getting more frustrated but hid it, Her dark purple gloved hands gripping her shoulders.

“But the fact there's no estimated time is what mak-” 

She’d cut him off with a quick yell.

“If you're going to just sit here and lecture me about this shit then get the hell out and take your new lover with you. How she loves you I’ll never know!” Kirigiri was just not having it today, As happy as she was that there was no more incidents with people getting killed, She knew there would be more soon. 

Togami tossed the report back to Kirigiri, Papers fluttering to the ground as he held back Fukawa who was grabbing her trusted scissors from his back pocket. 

Her glasses hid the killing intent in her eyes.

“Don’t talk to my man like that dammit!” She yelled.

All the commotion on the second floor had caused a weak Naegi to look up and give a painful wave to the 3 of them, Flashing a smile at Kirigiri.

She gave a small wave before collecting the papers, Careful not to ruin them.

“Just leave me alone. I need time to myself.”

Rolling his eyes, He dragged Fukawa off.

Meanwhile, Naegi was listening to what the nurse instructed.

“Are you sure just small steps like this are necessary? I just wanna talk to Kiri and see how she's doing on the case.” The brunette male confessed, Eager to see her drop by again and get out of here.