Chapter Eight

Today was the day that we took the supply plane and went home. I was hopeful but my mind was on other things. I replayed this mornings conversation between Oliver and Slade. Slade had a small crush on me. I didn't expect that to happen. I knew that I shouldn't be thinking about this, once we got home he would go back to his wife and son and I would never see him again but I couldn't help myself. He was amazing, he was sarcastic and funny and skilled and good looking and, I was snapped out of my thoughts when Oliver called my name. "Andrea, Andrea are you ok?" Oliver asked. "Yeah I'm fine just ready to be home." I said as if it was nothing. I was good at pretending I was fine. I kept a bullet wound hidden from Oliver and Mom for a month but it got infected and they took me to the hospital. The truth was, I was gonna miss Slade. Over the past few weeks we became close, almost family. Oliver abruptly stood up and pulled me outside. "What is wrong with you?" Oliver demanded. "Dud it cross your tiny little brain that I'm gonna miss Slade? That maybe, just maybe I might love him." I growled. Oliver stood in shock. Little did I know, Slade was hiding nearby listening.

We hid in the woods going over the plan one more time before going in guns blazing. "Oliver, you go to the control tower and take out the guard while Andrea and I take out the ten men here on the ground. Got it?" Slade asked handing me my rifle. Our hands brushed and I felt sparks tingle in my fingers. Oliver took the sword from Slade and snuck towards the control tower. I started towards the runway but Slade stopped me grabbing my wrist. "Andrea." He paused "I need to tell you something in case we don't make it out." He paused again and I took my chance. I kissed him. It only lasted a second but it felt like forever. "Say no more, now, lets go kill some people." I said excitedly firing the first shot.

A/N: OMG guys. They kissed! I'm so excited that I'm sitting here squealing like a little girl while my best friend stares at me looking concerned. Please tell me what you think and vote. I'll be updating more frequently now that the important shit is happening. Bye y'all ❤️