Chapter Twelve

"When we take down fires, I call dibs on kicking his ass first." I declare as we walk through the woods. "Ok. But I want to watch so do it after we kill everyone else." Oliver said sounding excited about seeing Fires get his ass handed to him by a girl. It was dark and gloomy and creepy and I didn't like it one bit. Something seemed wrong. "We're being followed." Shado said stopping in a clearing. As if on cue, three men stepped out of the woods aiming guns at us. "Aww. Slade, they think they can take us down with guns. How cute!" I said with obviously fake happiness. A gun barrel was placed on the back of my head and Slade growled. "Walk." One of them ordered. We walked about a mile and then got to a clearing where they had made camp. They tied us up and one of them sat down in front of us. "Listen close because this is how it's gonna be. You four are gonna give us all your stuff, then we will have our way with the ladies." Pause for dramatic effect. "Then we will kill them and then you." He pointed a knife at Oliver and I clenched my fists. Phasing through the rope that held my wrists I discreetly reached for shado's hand. I phased the ropes and she moved her hands away. I put a force field in front of everyone, protecting us all from being shot. "You can get mouthy now. He can't shoot us." Slade thrashed in his restrains and I wished I was the one tying him up. I mentally slapped myself and told myself to focus. The man pointed a gun at my head and pulled the trigger, the bullet bounced off the force field and pierced his lower abdomen. I untied Slade while Shado untied Oliver. The other two men came at me and I took one while Oliver took the other. I pulled a knife from my boot and threw it at the man. Hitting him in the chest sending him to the ground. The sun was slowly coming up and I looked over to check on Oliver to see him bashing the mans head in with a large rock. Shado put a hand on his arm to stop him. This was the first time Oliver had killed someone. "Lets go get you cleaned up, ok?" Shado said calmly trying to sooth Oliver. He just nodded his head and stood up letting Shado lead him away. She nodded at us and Slade and I went back to the plane.

"What do you think of Shado?" I asked. I was not jealous. I would not admit it. "She reminds me of my son." He said ad if he was avoiding the question. Now that that was settled, on to more pressing matters. "Do not. I repeat do not. Cause and harm to Oliver after I tell you this ok?" Is said with urgency "Ok." He said plainly. "I bet fifty bucks there down there doing the deed down with the fishy's." I said wiggling my eyebrows. He looked at me like I was crazy then just shrugged. "Probably." He said going back to cleaning his gun. "Come on, I'm bored and they aren't here. Pay attention to me." I whined flopping upside down over a crate. "Fine. But get up, we're going for a swim." I jumped up then paused. "Ok, but we are going the opposite direction of Oliver and Shado because I refuse to catch them doing the wild thing." He laughed at me and then we started our treck to the beach.