CHAPTER TWO ━ OWEN GRADY

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
FORCE OF NATURE
CHAPTER TWO ━━━ owen grady

Once Hazel got there she found Owen and Claire getting out of her car

Once Hazel got there she found Owen and Claire getting out of her car. "Claire!" Hazel shouted to get the red head's attention and also capturing Owen's as well. "You brought Hazel into this. How desperate are you guys?" Owen asked Claire who rolled her eyes at him as Hazel jogged up to them.

"Owen Grady meet Hazel Murphy, Hazel Murphy meet—" Claire introduced the two dinosaur trainers to each other but got cut off by Hazel. "Already met him. And you just said his name you don't need to say it twice." Hazel smiled sarcastically at Claire. Owen liked the way Hazel talked to Claire he saw too many people getting run down by her but Hazel was not someone to be pushed over.

"How do you two know each other?" Claire asked pointing at the trainers wearing a puzzled expression. "Unlike you I actually found a woman who was able to drink tequila with me after work." Owen remarked making Hazel smirk at the blond while Claire glared at her.

"So anyway as I was saying we've been pre-booking tickets for months. The park needs a new attraction every few years in order to reinvigorate the public's interest. Kind of like the space program. Corporate felt genetic modification would up the wow factor." Claire lectured Owen and Hazel walking up the stairs holding the railing to make sure to not fall while Hazel and Owen were not using them since they were not wearing stilettos.

"They're dinosaurs. Wow enough." Owen remarked. "Not according to our focus groups," Claire mentioned to him.

"Not even the public?" Hazel asked. "Because they are one of the main reasons why you still have your job." Hazel persisted seeing how far Claire would go to prove her point.

"The public doesn't have a say in what dinosaur we create. We just take them into consideration and see if they are happy with the results." Claire proclaimed turning around for a split second to catch Hazel's gaze.

"So if they aren't happy what are you going to do? Just throw away the dinosaur-like nothing happened?" Owen interrogated Claire, she hated getting asked questions over and over again like a continuous cycle. "The Indominus Rex makes us relevant again," Claire stated hoping they wouldn't ask any more questions until they got into the viewing box.

"The Indominus Rex?" Owen chuckled making Hazel chuckle as well. "We needed something scary and easy to pronounce. You should hear a four-year-old try to say Archaeornithomimus." Claire rolled her eyes at Owen they finally made it to the door. "You should hear you try to say it." Owen pointed out making Hazel laugh but covered her mouth to make sure Claire didn't hear her.

They all walked inside the viewing box Claire walked to a control panel while Owen and Hazel tried to find the dinosaur. "So what's this thing made of?" Owen asked quite far away from Claire to get a better angle of the enclosure.

"The base genome is a T-Rex. The rest is classified." Claire answered quickly. "So let me get this straight you made a dinosaur and decided let's put in some random DNA in its body and we can worry about it later." Hazel raised an eyebrow struggling how to work this out. How could one be so stupid to create a new dinosaur and not look at the DNA you put inside it.

"The lab delivers us finished assets, and we show them to the public," Claire replied quickly. "Can we drop a steer, please?" Claire asked the man in the chair.

"How long has the animal been in here?" Owen questioned trying to find her somewhere in the jungle. "All it's life."

"Never seen anything outside of these walls?" Owen questioned once again trying to find out information on the new dinosaur. "We can't exactly walk it," Claire told sarcastically.

"And you feed it with that?" Owen pointed to the meat on a small crane. "Is there a problem?" Claire shook her head and turned to look at Owen.

"Animals raised in isolation aren't always the most functional," Owen stated to Claire. "Hey. My T-Rex was raised in isolation all her life and she turned out fine." Hazel declared to Owen, she understood where he was at but he hasn't even seen this dinosaur yet and was already judging her.

"The T-Rex is a perfectly trained dinosaur that was born in captivity and so are raptors that are yours," Claire replied to Owen's statement. "But Claire notice how you said raptors instead of raptor." Hazel indicates to Claire's word choice. "And they learnt social skills from each other and I imprint on them when they were born. There's trust. The T-Rex's enclosure is pretty close to some dinosaurs she heard all the sounds from the others but this one is far away from them."

"The only positive relationship this animal has is with that crane." Owen stared at the crane lowering into the trees. "At least she knows that means food."

"So, she needs a friend." Claire gathered on what Owen was saying. "We should schedule play-dates? That sort of thing?" Claire questioned.

"Her and Rexy can be together. Aww! That would be so cute." Hazel always wanted Rexy to have a friend but the park didn't want to make another T-Rex. "Probably not a good idea," Owen commented on Hazel's excitement.

Claire started tapping on the glass impatiently. "Where is it?" Claire wondered looking around the enclosure. "Maybe it escaped," Hazel remarked. Claire looked at her frightened at the thought. Hazel started to chuckle. "Kidding."

"Wait probably in the basement. Is there a downstairs? Maybe it's in the rec room." Owen started mockingly. "Maybe even the control room probably chomping down on the different humans to eat." Hazel giggled at Owen's sense of humour, she mainly looked for a guy that had a wicked sense of humour.

"It was just here. We were just here." Claire spoke to herself pressing different buttons on the screen. Hazel looked around to see where the noises were coming from and it was coming from the screens behind the man all of them saying NO THERMAL SIGNATURES DETECTED all in red. "Oh shit." Owen breathed looking out the glass window.

"What?" Hazel asked curiously going to where Owen was. All Hazel saw on the walls were scratches and different marks them. "Double oh shit." Hazel's eyes widened.

"These doors haven't been open in weeks." The guard told Claire confused. "Were those claw marks always there?" Owen questioned pointing at them. "Do you think it..." Claire couldn't believe this. "Oh, god."

"She has an implant in her back. I can track it from the control room." Claire informed Owen and Hazel quickly walking to the door. "Let's go inside," Owen spoke to Hazel catching her gaze.

"Are you crazy?! This is a dinosaur's enclosure that's not even trained." Hazel scolded Owen's idea. "Well, I guess we gotta start training then," Owen remarked walking past Hazel. "Owen, this is crazy talk!" Hazel reprimanded him.

"Hey you come with me," Owen ordered the guard who nodded quickly getting his keys and started to unlock the door. "Oh for fuck sakes Owen listen to me. We could die if we go down there. You hear me?!" Hazel shouted at Owen who finally turned around a looked at her again. "I do hear you but we need to make sure if the Indominus Rex is still here." Owen tried reasoning with her.

"If you're right I'll get you tickets to Disney World okay?" Owen bribed Hazel. "Fine, but if I die I'm going to haunt you forever," Hazel emphasised on forever making Owen chuckle. "Just come on Murphy."

Owen grabbed Hazel's hand and dragged her into the enclosure. They walked down a pathway towards the wall. Once they reached the wall Owen touched it to feel how deep the scratches were. "That wall is forty feet high. Do you really think she could have climbed out?" The guard asked Owen and Hazel.

"You know T-Rex's are normally forty feet tall. Of course, she could've climbed out." Hazel scoffed at the length of the wall. "It depends," Owen told.

"On what?" The guard questioned Owen. "What kind of dinosaur they cooked up in that lab."