CHAPTER FOUR ━ SAVING SOME KIDS

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
FORCE OF NATURE
CHAPTER FOUR ━━━ saving some kids

Owen and Hazel handled the guard by running away from him if that's what you call handling a situation

Owen and Hazel handled the guard by running away from him if that's what you call handling a situation. But once they spotted Claire looking around frantically they knew something was wrong. "Claire!" Hazel and Owen gained Claire's attention. "I need you. I need your help." Claire pleaded with them.

"Okay." Owen nodded, Hazel was wondering how could he immediately be so okay with helping her out when they were arguing a few minutes ago. Making her think he probably still has feelings for her. "My nephews, they're out in the valley. Please, if anything happens to them.." Claire spoke quickly.

"Woah, slow down. We'll get your nephews isn't that right, Owen?" Hazel comforted Claire she hated seeing anyone worried and she definitely wasn't going to let some kids die today. "How old?" Owen asked Claire.

"Uhh, the older one he's high school age and the younger one he's a few years—" Claire tried giving a description but was cut off by Owen. "You don't know how old your nephews are?" Owen asked judgmentally.

"Take it easy on her Owen, we're going to find them okay. What do they look like?" Hazel asked wanting to help out these boys as much as possible she remembered when she was a little girl in a place like this and it was terrifying. "The older one is a brunette and has brown eyes and the younger one has blue eyes and has blonde hair," Claire said hurriedly.

"What's their names?" Owen questioned her looking at a salty tear running down her cheek. "The older one is Zach and the other one is Gray."

"We're going to find them, I promise you I know more than anyone how scary it is when there are dinosaurs on the loose." Hazel smiled sadly at Claire putting a hand on her shoulder as an I'm here for you type of way.

Owen was driving Claire and Hazel to the valley where the gyrospheres were. Owen forced Hazel on his lap since in the back of the car were just boxes and Claire was in the passenger's seat. "Do you know how uncomfortable this is?" Hazel grunted moving around trying to get a better angle.

"It was either me or the boxes I think I'm comfier," Owen smirked. "Well you are comfy it's just the car." Once Hazel realised what she said she covered her mouth with her hand. "It's alright sweetheart, I get told that all the time." Owen was smiling like an idiot. But Hazel was blushing of embarrassment until she looked at Claire. "Are they answering?" Hazel questioned Claire who shook her head.

Owen stopped the car and opened the door. Making Hazel jump out and so did Owen but Owen shoved Hazel back into the car making her glare at him. "Stay in the car," Owen ordered Hazel making her pout but once Owen made it to dinosaur she opened the door and grabbed Owen's knife. She got out and followed Owen. "I thought I told you to stay in the car." Owen hissed rubbing the dinosaur gently.

Hazel didn't reply but only stared at the dinosaur in front of her she crouched down touching the dinosaur's face comforting her while she was slowly dying. "It's going to be okay," Hazel whispered to the dinosaur as Owen looked at her, she could feel his gaze upon her but ignored it as she felt tears come to her eyes.

"I know, I know," Owen spoke gently soothing the dinosaur. Hazel knew Claire was behind her but didn't look away from the dying creature. Once the dinosaur felt Claire's touch she moved her head making Hazel and Owen try to set her back down onto the ground. Hazel could feel the dinosaur stop breathing making her stand up and walk away from her and turned her back to Claire and Owen. She hated seeing people or animals in pain even though she didn't know the dinosaur that well she felt like she could understand her.

Once Hazel felt arms wrap around her waist she felt comfort. "It's okay," Owen mumbled hugging her from behind with his head on her shoulder mumbling into her neck. Once Hazel took a deep breath she knew she had to go on and let the passing of the dinosaur go. "I'm okay now." Hazel smiled sadly at Owen turning around.

Once they got to the top of the hill Hazel felt sick to her stomach looking at all of the dead dinosaurs laying on the ground there were about five of them. "It didn't eat them," Owen commented. "It's killing for sport."

It took a while before they drove to the forbidden section and found a crushed gyrosphere. Hazel got out first and then Owen and then Claire and since Hazel was the first to inspect the destroyed gyrosphere she found a tooth of the Indominus Rex, she got out Owen's knife and lifted a piece of the gyrosphere and yanked the tooth out of it. "I got a souvenir." Hazel held the tooth in the air for Owen and Claire to see. Once Claire saw a phone on the ground she kept on say no over and over again. Worried for her nephews.

"Hey, they made it out." Owen pointed to the muddy footprints making Claire sigh in relief. The three followed where the tracks went and they found a waterfall. "Oh, my god, they jumped." Claire gasped.

"Well, it was either become a dinosaur's dinner or jumping into the water." Hazel put the options on the table. "Brave kids." Owen glanced at Hazel. "Zach! Gray!" Claire called out making Owen try to shush her. "Hey, I am not one of your damn animals." Claire snapped taking Hazel back.

"Listen, those kids are still alive, but you, Hazel and I will not be if you continue to scream like that," Owen told Claire the consequences while Hazel took off her jacket and wrapped it around her waist.

"So, you can pick up their scent, can't you? Track their footprints?" Claire followed on but was cut off by Owen. "I was with the Navy, not the Navajo," Owen replied to Claire.

"I like a man in uniform," Hazel mumbled her eyes widened when she realised what she just said, Claire may have not heard it but Owen certainly did but decided not to comment on it. "So then what should we do? What do you suggest we do?" Claire questioned worriedly.

"You guys get back. I'll find them." Owen told Claire and Hazel. "Uh-uh," Hazel spoke making Claire and Owen glance around her. "Not happening I'm going to protect those kids until they're safe," Hazel said determinedly.

"Claire you'll last two minutes in there and less in those ridiculous shoes. Hazel, I don't know about you." Owen reasoned with them but they didn't have it that way until Claire started to undress in front of them rolling up her sleeves and tying her shirt.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Owen asked confused making Hazel laugh. "It means she's 'ready'." Hazel used quotation marks for the word ready. "And Claire he didn't comment on your outfit except for your shoes," Hazel remarked.

"Let's get one thing straight. I'm in charge out here. You do everything I say exactly as I say it." Owen instructed Claire and Hazel. "Excuse me?" Claire asked not liking the idea.

"Just listen to him he has more survival skills then you so I think you should listen." Hazel smiled at her sarcastically retying her boot laces. "Than me?"

"Just relax. It's just like taking a stroll through the woods. Sixty-five million years ago." Owen held his gun and Claire walked in front of him.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Getting excited for the next chapter! How are you liking Hazel so far? Is Oweazel a good ship name? Do you like Owen and Hazel's relationship? Please answer these questions they can really help me with writing ❤️