CHAPTER ELEVEN ━ MEMORIES

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
FORCE OF NATURE
CHAPTER ELEVEN ━━━ memories

It had been three years since the events happened at Jurassic World and three years since Owen and Hazel have been on that island

It had been three years since the events happened at Jurassic World and three years since Owen and Hazel have been on that island. She missed walking around hearing the laughter of children pulling their parents to the petting zoo and hearing the dinosaurs bellow and roar. Hazel laid awake in bed while Owen was cuddling her from behind. She had tried to go to sleep many times and none of them work so she just looked at the photos that were in frames on her bedside table. She smiled seeing a photo of Rexy and her, Rexy's head was in front of Hazel and the dirty blonde woman was smiling up at Rexy in amazement.

She saw the photo next to it was of herself and Owen in front of the Cinderella's Castle. She was laughing holding a periwinkle blue ice cream. Owen was gripping her waist smiling down at her with his own ice cream treat. She also had a photo of her younger self with her grandfather, sister, and brother.

The corner of her lip tugged at the memories and she realised she couldn't go to sleep. She slipped out of Owen's grasp which made him groan and turn to the other side. She put on her grey bath robe and tied the cotton strings together to form a bow. She heard the jingling and knew it was Riley, he was a Bernese Mountain dog that the couple had rescued a few weeks ago. She smiled and crouched down as Riley came charging at her.

"Hey, boy. Let's get you some breakfast but don't wake up daddy." Hazel glanced up to look at Owen, he was hugging his pillow as a replacement for Hazel. She shook her head playfully at his sleeping figure.

"Come on," She clicked the roof of her mouth with her tongue and opened the bedroom for Riley to run through. She giggled at the puppy that almost tripped after his own paws.

She walked to the kitchen counter and bent down to grab the packet of dog food and poured it into Riley's bowl. He started eating at the food greedily happy that his owner gave him it.

Hazel double checked if Riley has water and he did she was just making sure so then she decided to make herself breakfast. She opened the fridge to get milk and grabbed the cereal from one of the cabinets. She filled a white bowl with the cereal and then filled the rest of it with milk. She put back the milk and cereal in their places they once were in and started to eat her breakfast. Occasionally yawning and saw that the sun was rising.

When she was finished with her cereal she wanted to check if there was any hot chocolate and there was barely any. She huffed in disappointment and went back to the bedroom she shared with Owen.

She nudged Owen's shoulder and he groaned not wanting to wake up. "Owen, want anything from the shops? I'm getting hot chocolate." Hazel told Owen as he turned to face her still laying down.

"Um, I'll," Owen began but first yawned. "I don't need anything I think." Owen struggled keeping his eyes open.

"Okay, go back to sleep. I'll be back in a few minutes." She kissed his forehead with her pink lips. He nodded tiredly and fell back into a deep slumber.

She got dressed into a sweater and black tights not bothering to put on makeup since it was the early morning and barely anyone would see her at the store well at least anyone she knew or that's what she thought.

She found the hot chocolate she was looking for and even got herself marshmallows to add to the sugary goodness. She made it to the checkout and that's when she saw her. Claire Dearing.

"Hey there." Claire greeted Hazel as she took a deep breath. "Hi," Hazel didn't even look up at Claire as she thanked the cashier and took her grocery bag.

She started to walk out of the store that was until Claire ran in front of Hazel. "What do you want, Claire?" Hazel asked the redhead.

"Haven't you been getting my calls you damn well should know, I thought Rexy was important to you." Claire hissed as Hazel had a puzzled expression on her face not knowing Claire was calling her.

"What are you talking about? Of course I love Rexy." Hazel's eyebrows frowned in anger and confusion. How could Claire say she didn't love Rexy or even the tyrannosaurus wasn't important to her?

"The island." Claire answered hoping to spark a memory in Hazel's head. "What about the island?" Hazel gulped hoping something wasn't wrong.

"Hazel, I've been sending you messages and calls about how there's an active volcano on it and Rexy and Blue are still on it." Claire explained, Hazel's eyes widened not knowing this.

"What?" She stammered not believing Claire. "Yeah, Rexy and Blue could die if we don't go and rescue them." Claire exclaimed thinking Hazel knew about this.

"Oh my god." Hazel covered her mouth with her left hand shocked at hearing the news.

"What are we gonna do?" Hazel questioned Claire with worried eyes.

"We have a plan. This man named Benjamin Lockwood was a business partner of your grandfather but they had some type of falling out for some reason, anyway we have a sanctuary for the dinosaurs and they're going to be safe there." Claire smiled sadly at how worried Hazel was for these creatures.

"I'm in." Hazel told determinedly. "Woah, I don't think Owen would allow that." Claire began before being cut off by Hazel.

"Yeah, well Owen's his own person and I'm mine. If he doesn't want to save Blue I'll just have to do it myself." Hazel stated with a smirk. It was hard for to not break down in Claire's arms since she had found out one week ago she was pregnant with her and Owen's child. She was scared for it's safety but she couldn't just let Rexy and Blue die so she knew she couldn't tell Owen that she was pregnant just yet.