ACT 34: Through Dad's Eyes

Your P.O.V:

I woke up in a daze, on my back, I sat up in an instant. I couldn't see a thing, it was... pitch black, like a dark void. My heart raced instantly, and I immediately jumped to my feet as I looked around my surroundings. Except... there was nothing. Not even a sound. I reached out, nothing, I was still in the black abyss. Then suddenly, in front of me, there appeared a quick second of a bright flashing light. Then it was like a image appeared on a cloud, it looked foggy, like the image was made out of the foggy, cloud substance more like.

' I'm creating a hallucination..? With my quirk?'

I wasn't even attempting to do that, it just... happened. Without me even whipping a hallucination up myself. But I knew for sure it was my quirk, I just didn't know why the hallucination appeared. I look around again, still an endless black void.

' This isn't even real...'

I looked closely up at the image in the midst of the cloud that appeared. It showed... Mom... she was holding a baby in her arms, she smiled as she looked down at the kid. Mom looked tired, with a weak smile, and bags under her exhausted eyes. Her smile still managed to be genuinely happy though. She was in a bed, in a hospital gown.

" It's me..." I realized as I looked down at the baby. I looked back up at the whole picture again. Then it suddenly disappeared in an flash. I took a step back in confusion.

" What the hell..." I mumbled under my breath.

' Why was I able to create hallucinations that didn't have to deal with any fears?'

The the cloud reappeared again, this time it was a first person perspective. It was someone who's eyes I was seeing through had hands that were large, and bulky.

' A dude's perspective...'

I sat down, looking up at the scene, waiting for the whole thing to play out. The dude looked like he was using a gray, thin, cloth-like, support item to help him throw over on top of buildings on objects to help him move from rooftop to rooftop. His sleeves were black. However I couldn't see anything else other than his arms since I was seeing through his eyes. It was night. He looked like he was in a hurry, he was breathing heavily and cursing under his breath as he turned to a dead-end each time. Then he went over to a certain building, and stopped as he looked down below at the surroundings. Then suddenly, I saw it, the alleyway, I saw me... And Mom... in the alleyway, with red surrounding her body, I was feet away from her, I saw myself looking down at her. She wasn't moving, her hair covered her face. I saw myself with a shaking body, my hands were clenched, eyes wide. I looked like I was still processing the situation at that moment. The man stopped abruptly as his eyes laid upon Mom. I heard his voice shake as he brought his hands to his mouth. He began to cry, he hiccuped slightly as he broke down. He immediately swung down to the bottom onto the alleyway with his cloth support item. He looked at me as I never looked back at him, I was still looking at her- Mom... He ran over to me and hugged me tightly while he wiped his never-ending tears from his face. He pet the back of my head, and ran his fingers through my hair shakily. I could hear myself cry suddenly, I screamed while tears ran down my cheeks. The man averted my eyes from the scene as he turned my head to look at him. He kneeled down to get to my height level.

" I-I'm s-sorry, sweetheart..." Was all he managed to say.

The last thing I saw from that hallucination was the haunted look in my eyes as he held my face in his hands while looking at me. The hallucination disappeared within the cloud. I looked at the now empty space that first had the cloud take over. I was silent. I sat there with the same hollow eyes, and same shaking hands as I gripped onto my shirt. I felt the tears from my eyes roll down my cheek.

It reappeared again, with another... memory. It was in a first-person perspective view again. The dude had the same hands as the hands from before, but the sleeves were different. He wasn't wearing the same thing as before. He was in the house. My house. He was looking at the Tv from behind the couch. The Tv showed half of the screen with Princess Peach in her car, racing, while throwing banana peels behind her. The other half of the screen showed Mario in his car, racing as well while throwing a blue shell.

The dude watched the screen while standing in the view he had of the back of the couch. The back of the couch showed two different types of hair peeking out from the people who sat there. The two were short, one had ( type of hair like wavy, straight, etc...) ( hair color) hair, and the other figure had curly, green hair. The two people were laughing while on the couch, they had childlike, high-pitched laughter.

I smiled widely as I sighed. Then the cloud went away again.

My smile faded, my brows furrowed as I leaned forward. The cloud, it reappeared again. But, I don't remember this memory...

He was wearing black sleeves, wearing the same thing from the second memory. He was throwing people down with his cloth-like support item. They were coming after him. There were people with quirks flying at him. There was... a dark, tall monster, with his brain exposed, bulging eyes and a beak. Then I saw it...

" Zu..." I spotted him from a few feet away. He was struggling as he punched the unfamiliar faces I never saw before. Then Katsuki, using his quirk to blast people away. Kirishima, Mina, Tsuyu, Ochako, Sero...

" And...Dad..."

Then out from the blue, I saw a man, a skinny figure with blue hair, emerge with a hand on his face. I watched with my body shaking as he ran to Tsuyu, his hand reaching out toward her face. My heart stopped, my breathing became erratic. My mouth was dry.

Then the man whose eyes I was looking through...Pops... he ran out in front of Tsuyu and pushed her aside. I stopped moving. His arm. Was caught by the blue-haired man. It began to crumble and turn to ash. I saw his blood pour out as the quirk spread throughout his arm. I heard him cry. He winced with pain. He yelled out.

" LET ME GO I'VE GOT A KID TO GO HOME TO!"

I couldn't stop. I felt like if I was the one dying. I wanted to at that moment. I was screaming. But I wasn't heard. I was still there. Black emptiness. I screamed harder. My fingernails dug into my palms.

" DAD!"