ACT 35: Whatever it Takes

Shinso's P.O.V:

I woke up and sat up in a sweat. I looked over at my nightstand. It was my phone going off. I picked it up and looked through the notifications. 8 missed calls.

' ( Y/n)...'

My heart skipped a beat.

' Is she okay?'

I immediately picked up as she called me again.

" SHINSO!"

" ( Y/n)? W-What's going on? You called me like 8 times I-" I shifted through my clean laundry as I was digging around for some pants to wear.

" COME TO MY HOUSE NOW! GET HERE IN YOUR DAD'S CAR!"

" W-What? But I don't have a license-"

" JUST GET HERE IN YOUR DAD'S CAR-"

" What's going on? ( Y/n) please I-" She cut me off again, but... her voice was more quiet this time.

" I-It's...my Dad...

" I think he's about to die..."

————

Your P.O.V:

" You what?" Kendou questioned.

" I-I think I was looking through his memories, and... I was able to see through his perspective, the current situation he was in too.." I muttered.

" So what you're saying is... you could see through his eyes?" Shinso said softly as he scratched his chin.

" Well, yeah, I'm pretty sure..." I replied with a faint nod.

" And you said this was all happening while you were dreaming?" Monoma further went on as he leaned forward from the back seat. I nodded again silently. Kendou and Tetsu exchanged looks.

" I thought you said your quirk could only create the hallucination of someone's fears..." Tetsu pointed out with a concerned look.

" I thought the same thing! But..."

" Your quirk developed..." Shinso added, I turned to him, confused.

" Your quirk can develop over time y'know, you can discover something new you didn't know about it before. That's how heroes discover their power moves, it first happens under extreme circumstances. It gets that drive usually when you're about to get hurt or... someone else you care about is about to get hurt." Shinso went on as he kept his eyes on the road.

" Huh, that makes... a lotta sense. That would explain what you're going through a lot more better." Monoma pointed out with a nod.

" How do you know about this anyway Shinso?" Tetsu asked curiously with a tilted head.

" Well, my Dad sorta went through the same thing, y'know? He thought at first he was only able to talk to people through using his thoughts. But after a near-death experience, he discovered he could do mind-control too." He said lastly, Monoma, Tetsu and Kendou nodded as they thought that the scenario would add up with this whole thing going on.

" ( Y/n), the villains you saw, what did they look like?" Kendou questioned, turning back to me. I thought for a moment as I fiddled a little with the hood of my sweater nervously.

" W-well, they all sorta were moving around a lot so I couldn't really get a good look at them... but there was one guy... the one who was  attacking my dad-"

" W-wait what'd the guy look like? The guy attacking your dad." Shinsou suddenly piped in, he sounded almost... nervous. Antsy. To hear what the guy looked like.