Prologue

17 years ago...

Cara stared at the large building in front of her, her left hand holding on to her twin brother Ben's hand, the other on her best friend Diego's. She glanced at her sister Vanya before giving her a small smile. "You'll do great" Vanya whispers to her from their father's side. The sound of police sirens fill their ears making them turn their heads.

"It is time, children" the voice of their father interrupted them. A stern look on his face, his eyes cold. The siblings turn to look at their father before turning to each other. With a nod, they finally run off to enter the bank.

Luther makes his way up the building while the rest head inside. Cara glances around and spots her sister Allison walking over to one of the robbers. She wasn't exactly her sister nor were the rest of them her actual brothers but she cared about them either way.

You see, her 'father' Sir Reginald Hargreeves, adopted the eight of them when they were younger. The only blood related sibling of hers was Ben seeing as they both came from the same mother. On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women from all over the world gave birth to children even without showing showing signs of pregnancy hours before. Reginald had travelled all over the world in order to adopt the children that were products of the phenomenon.

Her eyes dart around the room and sees Ben with his best friend Klaus. She catches eyes with Diego, making him smile and her doing the same. The sound of a gunshot cut them from their thoughts. The robber that Allison spoke to seemingly shot a fellow robber making her eyes go wide. Cara then walks to one of the other robbers causing him to point a gun at her.

"Woah buddy, that ain't fair. How about you put down the gun and we can fight like real adults" she chuckled. The man in front of her didn't move, only pushing the gun further. "Well I guess i'm the only mature one here" she muttered before quickly kicking up toward the man's hand causing the gun to fall out of his hand and onto the floor. "There we go" The man tried to punch her but she immediately makes her body less dense making his fist go through her. He looks at the girl in surprise before she hits him again causing him to groan out "c'mon, do you think I wanna hurt a kid? Especially a girl?" With that she slides down the floor, between the man's legs and elbows him in the knees causing him to fall down.

Another man comes running her way and tries to hit her but she immediately changes her density causing her body to get impenetrable, but obviously they don't know that. He punches at her head causing him to grasp onto his fist in pain. "Hey, that wasn't very nice of you" she tells him before kicking him where the sun don't shine. He falls on his knees causing her to laugh out.

Suddenly something crashes through glass ceiling making everyone turn their heads to the direction of the crash. Luther appears behind the counter but not before lifting up one of the robbers off the ground and throwing him causing the man to crash through the windows and land outside of the building.

With all the commotion going on, Cara was too distracted to even notice the man making his way towards her with a gun pointed at her. But before any damage could be done, Diego immediately runs toward her, "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives". Diego throws two knives at her direction but  the knives quickly turn and hit the man in the chest, pinning him to the wall. "Show off"she called out at the boy before chuckling "and real men? last time I checked, you still think there's a monster in your closet"

They all head over to the middle of the room but they were interrupted by one of the men standing on the counter and pointing his gun at each one of them. "get back you freaks!" The man exclaimed with a scared look on his face.

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy" Diego called out to the man. "Yeah wouldn't want you to get hurt" Allison added. "We were just having fun bud, no need to poop your pants" Cara chuckled out.