Twenty-one

Cara watched as Vanya was pulled out of the house, her cries and screams still resonating in her mind. Her chest moved up and down as she tried her best to breathe, her blood gushing out as she does so.

Her whole body was in pain but the overall pain she felt in her chest was too much to handle. She could feel the air enter through her wound and fill her lungs. She wasn't dumb. She knew there was no way she could survive from this.

Soon, she feels liquid trickle up her throat before entering her mouth, the metallic taste giving away what it was. The crimson liquid then spills out of her mouth before trickling down her neck.

Cara looks at Allison before reaching toward her arm and giving it a gentle squeeze. Her vision gets cloudy as her eyes flicker to still swinging chandelier above them. As the seconds passed, she could slowly feel the life get sucked out of her

Her lips tremble as she chokes on the blood that filled her mouth. Her eyelids then start to get heavy to the point where she couldn't keep them open. With one last twitch of her finger, her eyes shut, the darkness filling her mind.

*****

Five kept his hand tightly gripped on the steering wheel as he drove the car to Harold Jenkins' cabin. Klaus sat on the passenger's seat, chewing gum as he watched the trees pass by. Luther, and Diego, who had just gotten released from prison, were sat in the back seat, nervous looks on their faces as they looked out the windows of the car.

"Hey, can you go any faster?" Luther asked, leaning over the driver's seat. "Ask me again and i'll burn you with a cigarette lighter" Five grumbled in annoyance, not even sparing a glance at his brother.

Luther sighs in defeat before sitting back on his seat. Five sighs before stepping on the pedal causing the car to go faster. It was obvious he too was scared for his sisters' fate.

Minutes later, the four arrive at the cabin. Five parks the car beside the other family car that Allison and Cara had used to get to the place. They all quickly rush out of the car and Luther and Diego immediately run up the stairs of the front porch.

Luther pushes the front door open, stopping dead in his tracks as he sees the two women on the floor. "Allison! Cara!" Luther exclaimed as he ran toward the two. Soon, Diego runs inside as well before falling to his knees beside Luther who was hovering over Allison

"No, no, no" Diego cried as he lifted Cara's head. Her eye were closed and blood was gushing out of her chest. "Cara, wake up" Diego said, tears spilling down his face as he lightly slapped her face. "Please"

Klaus stood beside Luther, comforting him as he held Allison to his chest. Five stood behind the three, watching the events unfold in front of his eyes. Ben on the other hand stood beside Diego, tears spilling down his face as he looked at his sister in shock.

He may be dead, but he felt a sharp pang to his chest as he watches Diego hold Cara's limp body to his chest. Ben reaches out to gently touch Cara's forehead only for his hand to pass through her. It was useless, he couldn't do anything but watch.

"We have to go" Five spoke up from behind the group. He was right. No matter how terrifying the situation was, they can't just stay here and cry about the two women. They had to go back to the academy and do the best they can to keep them alive. "We have to get them to mom, quickly"

Diego and Luther shakily nodded before picking the two women up. The group immediately rushes out of the cabin and into the cars, leaving the bloody scene in the living room.