Twenty-three

"Speaking of powers..." Ben spoke up, looking at his sister who was splayed on her bed, her head hanging off the side of the bed. "Please don't" Cara mumbled as she stared at Ben's upside down face.

After their discussion in the hallway, the two decided to stay in her bedroom to give Klaus his own free time. So far, Ben had just been reading the book he had stuffed in his jacket pocket while Cara did god knows what

"Well, you managed to fix my broken head and make everyone in the courtyard float" Ben told the girl, looking up from his book. "No, no, no. You better not be thinking what I think you're thinking" Cara groaned, turning over to properly look at her brother.

"It could be fun" Ben said, raising his eyebrows at the girl. "Yeah, fun, until I manage to destroy the academy or something" Cara rolled her eyes. "You're a ghost, you can't destroy anything" Ben stood up from his place on the floor and raised an eyebrow at his sister

"Fine" Cara groaned before sitting up. "What the hell can I do anyway? Like you said, i'm a ghost so I can't exactly touch anything aside from your disgusting ass" Cara chuckled. "We're twins so that makes the both of us disgusting" Ben said, poking his tongue out at his sister. "Rude"

"Well, you managed to make them float, so why don't you try it on yourself?" Ben told her. Cara lets out a groan before closing her eyes, her fists tightly clenched as she tried to concentrate on her powers. Her eyebrows furrow in concentration while Ben watches her with a smile on his lips

You can do this. Just think of what you felt back in the courtyard and next you know, you'll be able to float

A sudden chuckle cuts Cara off from her thoughts. Her eye open and she was immediately met with Ben who was covering his mouth to silence his laughs. "Asshole" Cara muttered before slapping his forehead.

Ben's laughter only grows louder causing her to groan. "You look like you're trying to stop yourself from farting" Ben mustered out between laughs. "Shut up!" Cara whined, slapping her twin upside the head. The corner of her lips twitch up as she watches her brother laugh in amusement, and soon, she joins in with him.

The room is filled with laugh and chuckles as the siblings enjoy the time that they get to spend with each other, appreciating each other's presence which they never got in the last thirteen years.

"Okay, okay" Ben sigh, stopping himself from laughing any longer. "you look ridiculous when you're trying it on yourself so try it on...." Ben looks around before lifting his book and throwing it to his sister's direction. "This." Cara looks down at the paperback book before looking at her brother in uncertainty. "You love this book. What if I end up destroying it?"

"Then i'll destroy you" Ben seriously said with a straight face before smiling at the brunette. "I warned you" Cara told him before placing the book down on the bed, her eyes trained on it intensely.

Focus. Focus on the book. Focus on your powers, Cara

Her fists were tightly clutched beside her thighs as she tries her best to use her powers. Her breathing gets more and more intense as she stares at the book. Ben watches with the same intensity, trying to see if the book has moved at least a millimeter above the bed

"This is useless. I can't do it" Cara sighs in defeat, turning to her brother. "No, no, no, no, no. You're not giving up. You've given up way too many times to even count." Ben said, clutching his hands over her shoulders and turning her to face him. "You can do it, Cara. You've won boxing matches, you can most definitely do this"

"But-" Ben immediately cuts her off, "no buts. Just focus on it, and you can do it" Ben sent her an encouraging smile causing her to whine before turning back to the book which laid flat on the bed.