Twenty-six

Their lungs burned as they ran toward The Icarus Theater. The bright lights blinding their eyes as they approached the entrance. Quickly pushing the entrance door open, they all scramble up the stairs where they reach the entrance hall. The muffled sounds of cellos and violins filling their ears the closer they reach the top of the stairs.

Suddenly, right before they could reach the doors, Allison turns around and places her hand on Luther's chest, stopping him from running any further. She lifts her notepad up to his view, 'I need to go alone'. "Allison, I can't let you do that, alright? She's beyond reasoning" Luther admonished.

"You hear the music?" Diego called out "it's started". Neither of the two payed attention, only continuing their dispute. "Do you honestly think she's gonna listen? After everything that's happened" Luther reasoned.

"We don't have time for this" Klaus groaned in annoyance at their interaction.

Allison looks up at Luther, standing firmly in her place, determination radiating off. Clearly, she was not taking no for an answer. Silence fills the group as Allison continues to stare at him with a straight face, leaving Luther no choice but to agree with her.

"Okay" Luther nodded, a hint of regret in his voice, clearly feeling worried for Allison's fate as she enters the hall, but it had to be done, he did have a plan after all. Allison sends him one last look for assurance before turning on her heels and rushing up the few steps, walking through the entrance doors to the concert hall.

"You're using her as a distraction, aren't you?" Diego asked as they watched Allison disappear past the halls and leave their sight. "It'll be our best chance to incapacitate Vanya" Luther uttered. Cara groaned from her place on the staircase railing, clearly not on board with the plan, but there was nothing left for her to do but watch as her family tries to save the world.

"She'll thank us later" Luther assured before walking toward the entrance, Diego walking beside him. "So, what's the plan?" Klaus questioned as he trailed behind the two. "Uh, you wait out front" Luther simply replied, sparing his brother a glance but not once stopping in his tracks.

"What?" Klaus stops just before the first step, looking at his brother in confusion. "Yeah, you're the lookout" Luther replied before turning back around and walking up the remaining steps and following after Diego. "The lookout?" Klaus complained, his eyebrows scrunched as he watched his sibling disappear past the hall. With a huff, Klaus turns on his heels and walks back to where the two ghosts were sat waiting for him.

"What did you expect? Once an asshole, always an asshole" Cara rolled her eyes as she stared at the doors leading toward the concert hall. She jumps down and walks toward Klaus, Ben following suit.

"You guys wanna eat?" Klaus asked, his mood quickly changing to a lighter one, a smile growing on his lips. "The world is ending and all you can think about is food?" Ben asked, annoyed. "Well, I am pretty hungry" Klaus chuckled. Suddenly, the sound of rumbling fills their ears causing them to look down at Klaus' stomach.

"I told you" Klaus giggled

"You know you could just walk through that door and not follow Luther's orders, right?" Cara raised her eyebrows, nodding at the door. "Yeah, but they don't want me there anyway, so what's the use?" Klaus shrugged his shoulders before turning on his heels toward the staircase where they had just been. "Come on! I'm hungry" Klaus groaned as he walked down the staircase. Ben and Cara send each other a look before following after their brother, not knowing what to do next.

As soon as they walk out of the building, Klaus quickly runs off to a food truck, leaving the two to shake their heads at him. Klaus orders a burrito while the two lean against the side of the food truck as they wait for their brother. Cara quickly gets lost in her thoughts, worry immediately flooding her mind. She loved... no, loves Vanya and would do anything for her, and the mere thought of Luther or even Diego hurting her made her furious. Whatever she might end up doing tonight is just a product of fear and anger, and no matter how much damage she might end up making, she is still and always will be her sister.