Thirteen

Cara's eyes open only to be blinded by the bright rays of light spilling into her room. She turns her head and looks as Diego who was fast asleep beside her, his bare shoulders glistening as the rays set upon his caramel skin. A soft blush appears on her face as her eyes settle on a path of red lines trailing down Diego's shoulder, obviously a result of their late night activities.

Her head was pounding from the alcohol. Yet, even with the intoxicating liquid running through her veins, she can't help but smile as she thinks back to the events from last night. It wasn't her first time but it didn't exactly mean she was out there sleeping with random guys every night.

Spotting a sketch pad from one the shelves, she slowly and quietly crawls to get the pad of paper. Her nimble fingers wrap around the spine of the pad before pulling it to her view. It wasn't coated in dust which mean Grace had religiously cleaned their rooms for the past thirteen years that they were gone

She settles back into her place beside Diego who was luckily still sound asleep, soft snores escaping his mouth. A smile appears on Cara's face as she takes a pencil from a nearby penholder before settling into a comfortable position which wouldn't wake the sleeping man up.

Finally, she finds a good angle of Diego, one which made him look god-like. The soft rays of sunlight danced across his skin which made him look as if he was glowing. His usual tough features were mow replaced with softer ones, ones that made him look like he was experiencing peace for the first time in years

Cara places the tip of the pencil on the blank paper and with one last look at Diego, she begins working. The pencil glides against the paper smoothly like a droplet of water falling of a leaf on a dewy morning. Soft hums leave her mouth as she occasionally glances up at the man for reference before turning back to her canvas. Diego would occasionally stir from time to time, however it wasn't a problem for Cara.

After minutes of working, Cara brushes the eraser dust from the paper before pushing it away from her face, trying to get a better view. A smile appears on her lips, growing proud of her simple work. It was't her best considering the time it took for her to make it, however it was enough to capture at least a bit of Diego's beauty.

"I didn't know you could draw" A raspy voice speaks up, startling Cara. "Jesus, you scared me" Cara exclaimed as she turned toward Diego in surprise, her hand immediately flying to her chest in embarrassment. "I'm Diego but I guess Jesus would be fine too" Diego joked, pulling himself up to lean on the headboard. "You are so corny" Cara rolled her eyes, a slight smirk appearing on her face.

Cara pulls the blanket tighter against her chest, covering her body from his view. A sense of embarrassment filling her as Diego's eyes roam over her face. "You don't have to hide you know? You're beautiful" Diego comforted, placing his hand over hers, his thumb softly rubbing her knuckles.

Slowly, Cara releases the blanket which softly drapes just over her chest. Diego sends her a comforting smile once again causing a fuzzy feeling to erupt in her stomach

"Well you still haven't answered yet" Diego raised his eyebrow, placing his arms behind his head, his biceps flexing in the process. Cara's eyes flicker to his muscles, a slight blush appearing on her cheeks. She sheepishly looks down at the drawing, trying her best not to appear even more red. "It's just something I learned a few years ago. My therapist told me to try sketching so l could take my mind off of things"

"May I?" Diego asked, pointing at the sketch pad. "Yeah, sure. But i'm warning you... it's not that good" Cara then hands the drawing to Diego before crawling back to her previous place beside him. Diego's eyes dance around the drawing, his eyes wide in amazement as he observes every single detail of her sketch. "It's amazing" Diego turns to Cara, sending her a smile. "You're amazing"