Three

Five set down a cutting board on the table before walking away to get something from the cabinet. The group glanced at one another before looking back at their brother. Cara looked at her brother with confusion and amazement in her eyes.

A cigarette was once again hanging between her lips making Diego look at her in confusion. Throughout the whole time she was home, she always had either a bottle of alcohol in her hand or a cigarette hanging from her lips. He knew that she hated the idea of her breathing in smoke or drinking alcohol when they were younger so what changed?

Diego was cut off from his thoughts when the voice of his brother Five cuts the silence. "What's the date? The exact date." Five grabbed a loaf of bread from the cabinet before walking back to the table and placing it down. "The 24th" Vanya answered. "Of what?" He glanced at her in annoyance. "March" she briefly answered. "Good", Five muttered in relief.

"So are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked the boy but Five remained silent as he was busy taking out two slices of bread from the bag before placing them on the cutting board.

"It's been seventeen years" Luther spoke up, irritated by his brother. Five scoffed, lifting his head to look at his brother "it's been a lot longer than that" he said before disappearing then reappearing by the cabinets behind Luther. "I haven't missed that" Luther muttered

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked as he sat on the table beside Klaus and Cara. "The future" Five simply replied before teleporting to his previous place behind the cutting board. "It's shit by the way" he added as he placed a bag of marshmallows down.

"Called it!" Klaus exclaimed. "shittier than now?" Cara chuckled. Five raised his eyebrow before smirking "oh believe me, it is." Cara watches her brother in amusement. She clearly missed her brother whom she hasn't seen in nearly 17 years.

"I should've listened to the old man" Five said as he walked to the fridge, pulling out a jar of peanut butter. "You know, jumping through space is one thing. Jumping through time is a toss of the dice"

He walked back to the table and paused, looking up at Klaus, "Nice dress". Klaus smiled before spinning the tassels at the hem of his skirt around. "oh, well, danke." Five's gaze shifted to Cara before speaking up once again "Oh and nice hair. It suits you." The girl smiles before taking a drag of her cigarette.

Five continued making his sandwich, his sibling watching him as he does. "Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked. "In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time" Five simply answered causing his sibling to look at him confused.

"That makes no sense" Diego muttered. "Well it would if you were smarter" Five replied causing Cara to choke on the air, trying her best to not laugh too loud. Diego stands up from his place on top of the table "you little shit" he muttered out. Luther quickly brings his arm up to stop him from attacking Five.

"How long were you there?" Cara asked, interested in her brother's experience. "Forty five years. Give or take." Five answered, not taking his eyes off the food. "So what are you saying? That you're fifty eight?" Luther asked. "No, my consciousness is fifty eight. Apparently, my body is now thirteen again" Five answered, finally finishing his peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich.

"Wait, how does that even work?" Vanya asked. "Delores kept saying the equations were off" Five muttered out before shrugging and taking a bite out of his sandwich, "bet she's laughing now"