My Inspiration - The Story Behind Unloved

My Inspiration

I don't want to brag or anything but Unloved is a very unique story. So I just wanted to write this to write about what inspired me to write this book.

Where did my inspiration come from?

  To answer this question, I would have to rewind a bit. I started writing when I was six or seven. You know, one page stories and whatnot. And around that same time, I developed a passion for reading. I remember when I was in third  grade and was making my own rendition of Enid Blyton's fairytales. I kind of stopped writing for some time because of school and everything. I was so busy and occupied.

  It was in seventh grade or eighth grade when I resumed writing. I was still thinking of a story.I heard this verse in the Bible where it talks about doing everything to glorify God. 

1 Corinthians 10:31

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to glorify God.

So I thought: If I can sing to glorify God, why can't I write to glorify God? So I started thinking of how i could write to glorify God. The first story was Changed. I'm kinda looking for the book I wrote it in but I'll be working on it very soon. Back to the point.

 I was thinking of an idea for another story. I was flipping through the channels on the television and kinda stopped on this channel. The movie was about a girl who had gone to a camp where everybody hated her because she was rich and snobbish. But they found out that she was living with her grandmother and then they felt pity for her. And I thought: Why don't I write something about this? And that's how Unloved came about. And when I actually decided to write just to glorify God, ideas of different stories just started flowing from my head!

  I was sooo overwhelmed because I didn't know how I was going to finish writing all those stories! But I'm just going to take each story one word at a time. So, my inspiration for Unloved came from God and that movie I watched halfway. Then someone told about Wattpad and I joined it. I wasn't very active but when I had the idea for Unloved I decided to post it. And I also met a lot of Christian authors here on Wattpad which surprised me. But it also made me feel that I am not alone. There are others like me. And also, I discovered other professional Christian authors like Melody Carlson, Karen Kingsbury, Kristen Billerbeck and Jenny B Jones. To be honest, sometimes I feel tempted to go back, like writing the stories I used to write or following other people because their stories get more reads, comments or votes. But ever since I made that decision, I'm sticking with it to the very end.

Sources of inspiration

You may be wondering where you can get inspiration from, whether you're writing a story, poem, song, working on a project, whatever, everyone needs a form of inspiration. Well. you can get inspiration from God, music, books, other people (maybe your role models), experiences, etc. There are soooo many sources of inspiration. 

Anyway, thanks for reading this part of my story. It's a special feature coming to my stories. I hope you were inspired!

-Yours truly, Michelle.