Chapter 11

Eli's pov

Noah's hand travels to my hair as he deepens the kiss. He gently scratches his nails against my scalp and I almost moan. My hands hesitantly move from his shoulders so I can pull his body closer to me.

Our chests press against each other and he takes a step forwards, pushing me against the wall. Since we are around the same height neither of us have to lean down or stand on our tiptoes.

My arms wrap around his waist as we continue to kiss.

"Wait-" I day breaking the kiss. "Are you sure this is okay?" Noah's cheeks are flushed and he's out of breath. I don't think I've ever seen someone this attractive.

"Yes. I'm positive. I would never lie to you about something like this." I nod and Noah begins kissing down my cheek and neck. I try get control of my breathing but before I can Noah goes back to kissing me. We're only kissing for a few moments before a cough breaks us apart.

I gasp and turn to see Matthew standing in the doorway holding a bag. "I brought leftovers for lunch."

Noah wipes his mouth and turns away from me. "Um, okay. Uh." He takes the bag from Matthew and pulls out three containers of spaghetti.

I wonder if they do this with Evie and Kara. Probably not Kara because Noah doesn't like her work ethic but he likes Evie.

"Um, I'm gonna use the restroom real quick." I walk past them quickly and lock the bathroom door behind me.

I look in the mirror and regret it instantly. I look like a mess. My hair is tangled and all over the place, my lips are a dark pink and my cheeks are flushed. I comb my hands through my hair and splash cold water on my face.

I take a few deep breaths before leaving the bathroom and sitting at the table. Matthew and Noah are already eating and when I catch Noah's eyes he smiles at me around noodles.

I return the smile and begin eating.

"Eli would you like to come over to our house for dinner Sunday night?" Matthew asks after a few minutes.

"Oh, sure. What time?"

"How about five thirty. You don't have to bring anything except Liquorice."

"Okay."

***

The Uber pulls into the drive way and I unbuckle my seat belt. There are two cars parked in the driveway. One I recognize as Matthew's but one I have never seen before.

I pay the Uber and walk up the sidewalk onto the porch with Liquorice's carrier. Before I can knock the door swings open and Noah embraces me with a hug. I set Liquorice's carrier on the ground and wrap my arms around Noah.

"Hi! I'm so glad you're here. I was so excited!" He says before kissing me. His lips linger against mine before he pulls away and drags me inside.

I shut the door behind me and slip off my shoes. The house smells delicious and my mouth waters.

I open Liquorice's carrier door and she hesitantly exits. Noah grabs my hand again and I follow him to the kitchen.

"Matt made chocolate cake, Alex made stuffed peppers, I heated up green beans from our garden and Gabe made lemonade. Neither of us can cook well so we usually let them do the hard stuff. There's also wine if you want some."

We arrive in the kitchen and see Alex and Matthew setting the table. Gabe is leaning against the island as he snacks on a cheese and cracker platter with a glass of red wine in his hand.