Chapter 13

Eli's pov

I didn't realise how much Liquorice shead until I was vacuuming over every surface trying to remove the small dark hairs. All day I've been cleaning my house and shopping for tonight.

Matthew and I weren't interested in any of the movies in theatres so we decided to rent a movie and watch it at my place. We would first make dinner and then watch the movie while eating.

Matthew was in charge of picking up the movie we previously agreed on. He should be here in about half an hour. I put the vacuum away and look around my apartment to see what else needs to be done.

I've already swept, vacuumed and mopped, wiped off the counter, cleaned out my fridge, cleaned out Liquorice's litter box, cleaned my toilet and my entire bathroom. I guess the only thing I can do is wait.

I grab my phone off the charger and bellyflop onto my bed. I open my phone and see a text from Alex.

Alex
Hey

Eli
Hi. how have you been?

Alex
Good how about you

Eli
I've been good. how have your classes been?

Alex
A little overwhelming but nothing I can't handle ive been working out more over the weekends so that helps with my stress. How have yours been

Eli
They've been alright. i didn't know you worked out.

Alex
Yeah I ran in highschool and just kinda got used to working out

I drop my phone and try to think of what else to say. I can't just let the conversation drop. Before I can think of something another text comes through.

Alex

I know your going on a date with Matt tonight but I was wondering if you wanted to hang out with me next Saturday?

I turn my phone off and sit up. Is he serious? He can't be serious. I groan and cover my warm cheeks with my hands.

I already feel fuilty guilty about having feelings for Noah and Matthew. And now Alex wants to go on a date with me? Knowing me I'll probably end up catching feelings for him too.

Despite my small amount of guilt I grin and grab my phone, staring at the text.

Eli
Sure! What time and where?

I quickly hit send before I can change my mind. Was that too forward? Should I have just agreed and waited for him to tell me.

I throw my phone down next to me and stand up. I pace my apartment for a few minutes thinking over the text. Maybe he just wanted to get to know me better since I'm getting closer with Matthew and Noah? Or maybe he likes me and wants to go on a date with me. What if he does and Gabriel starts liking me too? Will I join their relationship? What if I start dating Noah and or Matthew and we break up? Would my relationships with the others be over too?

Before my thoughts could go down an even darker path my phone dings with a text. I rush over and see a text from Alex saying he'll pick me up at eleven and suggested the botonic gardens

Before I can respond to the text someone knocks at my door. I shove my phone in my pocket and look around my apartment as I walk to the front door.