Chapter 16

Eli's pov

The airbag quickly deflates and I grab my nose.

"Fuck, that shit hurts. Alex are you okay?" I feel blood drip onto my lip and wipe it away.

The windshield is broken but intact, while the drivers window is shattered. I look at Alex but his head is bloody and he's unconscious.

"Oh my god! Alex!" I grab his shoulder but he doesn't move. "Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck." I look around and outside of the broken window a man is getting out of the truck that hit us.

"Are you guys okay?" He asks walking towards us.

"No! I think, I think he's dead!" I sob gripping Alex's shirt. He rushes over and reaches through the window. But before anything else can happen Alex shifts and his eyes flutter open.

"Alex! Are you okay?"

He blinks a few times and looks around. "What happened?" He asks his voice hourse. His arm goes to his chest and he groans.

"We were in an accident. I thought you were dead!" I sob.

"It's okay, don't cry, I'm okay." He moves his hand and brushes it against my cheek. "Are you okay?"

"No, I'm fine. Are you hurt any where?" I ask looking around him. He probably hit his head if he passed out.

"My arm and chest hurt." He says looking down at his left arm. "I think it's broke." His calmness irks me.

"Alex are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, I think I'm just in shock. Not like medical shock but adrenaline I guess. I kinda feel like I could run a mile."

"Okay, I already called 911 so they should be here soon." The guy who hit us says walking back to the car.

"Wait, how did you even hit us?" I ask suddenly, realisation hitting me.

"Someone ran across the road, I swerved to avoid them." He says turning back to us.

"Oh, are they okay? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, we're both fine, my air bag didn't even go off." I nod and look back at Alex.

"Can you call Matt? And tell him what happened?"

"Yeah." I look around the car and find my phone next to my feet. I find Matt's contact and hit call. It rings but then goes to voice mail. I call him again but the same things happens.

"Call Noah then." I call Noah and he picks up on the third ring.

"Hi Eli! How did your workout go?"

"Alex and I got in an accident. Were both okay but Alex probably broke his arm. It happened a few minutes ago so the ambulance or cops aren't even here yet."

"Oh my god! Are you guys okay? Fuck." I hear shuffling and a door open.

"Alex thinks he broke his arm but I'm fine." I hear a siren in the background. "I hear the ambulance. Alex might have to go to the hospital because he passed out. You have insurance right?" I ask turning to Alex.

"Yeah, I should be fine."

"Eli, Eli?" I hear from the phone.

"Yeah?"

"I'm on my way to Matt right now keep us updated about everything okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay, see you soon."

"Bye." The call ends and I see the ambulance pull up. "Stay here Alex. I'll go talk to them."

"Kay." I get out of the car just as two EMT's reach the car.