Chapter 4

Ahn Jihyo's POV

Sunwoo and I skipped our classes. He brought me to the football field, then he later fell asleep, his head resting on his bag.

On the other hand, I was just sitting and researching something on the web. Ever since Sunwoo told me the existence of werewolves, in which I don't remember believing him, part of me was really curious about it.

"Werewolf, in European folklore, is a man who turns into a wolf at night and devours animals, people, or corpses but returns to human form by day. Some werewolves change shape at will; others, in whom the condition is hereditary or acquired by having been bitten by a werewolf, change shape involuntarily, under the influence of a full moon. If he is wounded in wolf form, the wounds will show in his human form and may lead to his detection." (The Editors of Encyclopaedia Britannica)

I've also learned that werewolves have extraordinary powers, such as enhanced senses, great agility and stamina. I suddenly remembered Sunwoo's words last night.

"They're gone. I can't sense their nasty smell anymore."

Could he really be a werewolf?

Shaking my head, I shut my eyes. These thoughts in my mind were giving me a headache.

I opened my eyes and looked at Sunwoo who was peacefully sleeping. He seemed really tired so I didn't bother waking him up. Suddenly, I noticed a scratch on his right arm. It looked fresh as it was still swollen.

"If he is wounded in wolf form, the wounds will show in his human form and may lead to his detection."

Was it possible that he was injured last night? When he was in his wolf form? Or was I just imagining things?

This entire werewolf thing is making me crazy.

"Don't push yourself. I don't force you to believe me." Sunwoo uttered.

I instantly averted my gaze on him. He was asleep a while ago! And did he read my mind?

Sunwoo chuckled and tousled my hair.

"Silly, I can't read your mind. I've seen your recent searches." He said.

My eyes widened even more.

"You're easy to read anyway." He shrugged his shoulders, roaming his eyes around the field.

"Hey." I didn't know why but my voice was so low.

He looked at me.

"This doesn't mean that I'm completely believing you but how did you know you're really a werewolf and you're not actually lycanthropic? Sorry, I don't mean to offend you."

Sunwoo smiled.

"That's a start." He said.

I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Well, I know it because my family is full-blood." He confessed.

I really don't understand why he's telling me he's a werewolf, or his family was. Shouldn't he be not revealing it to me as he's not sure what my reaction would be?

"Why are you telling me all of these?" I asked.

Sometimes I hate myself for controlling my mouth poorly.

"You have to be aware of our existence, Jihyo. Not all werewolves are like me, my family. Last night, you were almost taken by vicious ones. If I don't tell you, it would be hard to protect you." He answered.

I looked at him intently.

"Protect me? Why would you protect me?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. Sorry, Jihyo. I can't tell you everything yet. But please, trust me. It's all for your good." He said, sincerity filled his voice.

I honestly don't want to meddle myself in this entire werewolf thing, but deep down, I wanted to know more, especially that the vicious ones wanted to take me. Sunwoo is right, they are still carnivores.

"Come on, I'll show you something." He lent his arm.

I extended my arm and held his.

What could he possibly be showing me?