Chapter 13

Ahn Jihyo's POV

Time went by, our graduation ceremony ended successfully. Tonight, our graduation ball will be held.

I nervously entered the hall. Nervous because of how I look, on how people will see me, but most importantly, I was nervous because the Ominous Moon will appear tonight. I honestly don't have any idea what will happen after this.

Sighing heavily, I noticed how people looked at me. I suddenly felt timid so I looked down. I was wearing an off-shoulder red mermaid gown because Hyunjoon told me to wear something red. It is fitted through the chest and torso down to the knees, and at which points, it flares dramatically. I paired my gown with black stilettos and black pouch.

Later on, someone held my chin up. When I checked who it was, I saw Hyunjoon. He was wearing a red coat buttoned in the middle, a white sleeves underneath it. His mullet hair perfecting his bad boy look.

"You look beautiful." He said, eyes watching me.

I gulped hard, gently shoving his hand away.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

I sighed and shook my head.

Hyunjoon gave me a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry, we will protect you." He said.

He gestured to me to cling onto his arm so I did and he led me in the middle of the hall. The ball had already started so there were already couples dancing on the dance floor.

"Shall we?" He asked.

Hyunjoon is my first dance.

I simply nodded and danced with him. Slow music was filling the hall.

While we're dancing, I can't help but search for Minju. I haven't seen her yet. I bet she was dancing with her partner, or drinking.

"Look at me." Hyunjoon commanded.

I nervously looked up, lips trembling.

"Sorry." He said sincerely.

"Huh?" I asked, baffled.

"For bullying you from the past until now. I know I've been such a jerk and I understand if you've gone mad at me. But I want you to know that I just wanted to keep an eye on you, so I can protect you easily. I'm really sorry. And forgive me, my father betrayed you." He continued.

I cupped his cheeks and smiled warmly.

"You don't have to be sorry for your father. It wasn't you. In fact, you saved me. So who am I to not forgive you?" I said.

"Thanks, Princess. I know you have such a good heart." He said.

Princess.

I nodded at him. We were about to continue dancing when someone cleared his throat. I whipped my head behind me and saw Sunwoo who was also wearing a red coat with black sleeves underneath it. His hair was brushed up charmingly. He was smiling at me happily. Then, he looked at Hyunjoon.

"May I?" He asked.

Hyunjoon let go of me and bid his goodbye.

Sunwoo, on the other hand, was patiently waiting for me to dance with him.

"Don't you dare step on my foot." I warned him.

Sunwoo chuckled, later placing his arm on my waist and the other holding my hand.

"I should be the one telling you that. You can't dance." He said as a matter of fact.

I jokingly stepped on his right foot, he reacted exaggeratedly, making me burst out laughing. Suddenly, the music changed.

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt, suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

We locked gazes as we danced smoothly.

I have died everyday, waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

"I have loved you since then, Jihyo. I did not wait for more than a thousand years just to see the vicious wolves taking you away from me. I'll protect you come what may." Sunwoo whispered, longingness was evident in his tone.

And all along I believed, I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me,
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

"Nothing can bring us apart, not even the moon. Always remember that." He ended as the song ended as well.

I was speechless. His words were very touching and I was moved to tears.

However, a deafening howl broke the serenity, followed by the people's shrieks and footsteps out of the hall.

Sunwoo and I looked at where the howl was coming from and saw Minju who was wearing a white Sheath Silhouette gown. It is a form-fitting gown, which suits her body shape because she's slim. It's fitted from the bust down to the length of her thighs. 

She was looking at me intently. I could feel how wrathful her look was, causing me to step back a little. In a blink, she transformed into a white wolf. Her fur was as white as snow. People screamed as they ran away from her.

She was the white wolf we've encountered before.

Minju was the white wolf.

I could feel how Sunwoo tensed up.

Tears trickled down to my cheeks. I was stunned, I felt empty and above everything else, I felt betrayed.