Chapter 12

Kim Sunwoo's POV

Jihyo smiled, laughed and cried whilst remembering the past. I tried so hard not to wipe her tears, because if I do, the memories will be cut off.

I would hear her screaming my name with her lungs out. She was probably remembering how I died in my past life.

After almost an hour, she finished recalling every important thing she had to know about her, about me.

She opened her eyes, they were bloodshot. I looked at her worriedly as she gave me a sad smile.

"Sunwoo..." She called.

I hushed her.

"You don't have to say anything." I said, although I was hoping she won't ignore all the things we've shared thousand years ago.

She smiled sheepishly at me. Later on, she leaned forward. I furrowed my brows in confusion. I couldn't read her mind so I don't know what she's planning. In a blink, I felt her lips on my right cheek. She pecked me on my cheek, then looked down in embarrassment.

My lips twitched, forming a mischievous grin.

I lifted Jihyo's head gently. She wasn't looking directly at me, her eyes kept roaming.

"Jihyo." I called.

She looked at me for a second but averted her gaze toward the window.

"Look at me." I said.

Sighing in defeat, she finally looked at me. My grin grew even bigger.

"Well... I guess, uhm, you know? A welcome back kiss? After more than a thousand years?" She stuttered while fiddling her sleeves, eyes shaking.

I let out a chuckle as I flicked her forehead.

She exclaimed and dramatically fell on my bed.

"Stop doing that!" She yelled.

I stood up and offered a hand to her.

"What am I going to do with your hand?" She asked irritatingly.

She was too cute to be true.

"Check if I have a very good fortune." I said sarcastically.

Jihyo shoved my hand away and stood up as well.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"To meet my parents." I said while opening the door.

She stopped for a moment but decided to follow me immediately.

"Wait." She caught up.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Isn't it too early for the meeting-the-parents part? We barely talked about what we've had in the past!" She reacted.

I bursted out laughing. This girl entertains me, for real.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked, confusion was evident in her voice.

"We're going to meet my parents because there is a very important matter we have to discuss with you. What were you thinking?" I said.

She bit her bottom lip, embarrassed.

I pinched her cheeks and pulled her gently to my parents' room.

"Young Majesty." My parents greeted Jihyo as they bowed their heads.

I could feel how embarrassed Jihyo was so I squeezed her hand, implying that it's fine.

We were gestured to follow them inside the library. Jihyo's mouth agape, her eyes danced in amusement as she saw how big our library was. It was a two-storey library, books were neatly placed on their respectives shelves, and of course at the center, there was a large book. A book that includes prophecies, histories and more about werewolves.

My father cleared his throat, catching our attention.

"I have been called to deliver the message to you, Young Majesty. The Ominous Moon will appear on your Graduation Ball. Therefore, we conclude that they'll attack on the ball first because you will be there." My father said.

Jihyo's shoulders tensed up, her lips trembling.

"They were after you, Jihyo. They believe that you have an immortal life just like what you've had in your past life."

"But I'm certain that I'm just a normal person. I'm not immortal nor a lycan." Jihyo said.

My father nodded while my mother gave her a closed-mouth smile.

"Regardless of your true power, you are still the Jihyo who once had an immortal life. Vicious wolves are not reasonable, they will show no mercy whether you're immortal or not." My father answered.

Jihyo was reluctant. She can't form any coherent answer.

"Don't worry, we will protect you." My mother said warmly.

Jihyo sighed in contentment. Nothing's more reassuring than having people protect you at all cost.

"Thank you." Jihyo smiled.

After planning everything with our allies, I brought Jihyo to the terrace. The moon shines so bright.

In the past, the moon and Jihyo were connected. As long as the moon exists, Jihyo will live.

But today, I'm happy that Jihyo will no longer face the same horrible fate. To live forever is to live alone. Seeing people you love vanish to the world is a brutal moment.

"The moon is so bright tonight." Jihyo spoke admiringly.

I scoffed.

"I hate the moon." And you used to hate it too.

Jihyo whipped her head to me, confusion was evident on her face.

"Why do you hate the moon?" She asked innocently.

"Because."

She hummed, anticipating my answer.

"Because of the moon, I lost you." I whispered.