Chapter 18 - Last Chapter

Third Person's POV

"Sunwoo!" Jihyo yelled when the Alpha Wolf jabbed Sunwoo's underbelly, earning a painful howl from the latter.

Blood came out from Sunwoo's underbelly and mouth. The amount of blood he's losing was serious. Sunwoo was smashed to the ground, barely breathing.

Out of rage, Jihyo wielded her bokken and faced the Alpha Wolf. Her eyes were scary, however, she was trembling. She lunged at the Alpha Wolf angrily, but the latter fended off her attack easily. She stumbled to the ground, but quickly stood up and attacked the Alpha Wolf again. She was livid and no one could stop her.

The Alpha Wolf succeeded in pinning her down, its eyes showing no mercy. But Jihyo wasn't scared at all.

She immediately grazed the Alpha Wolf's legs, although she knew it was a futile attempt, she still did so she could escape from its strong legs. 

Jihyo was in the midst of escaping when the Alpha Wolf scratched her left arm, she released a clamor afterwards.

"Give up now, Jihyo. The people you love are already dead, and Sunwoo was barely breathing. He won't last any longer."

She took a glimpse of Sunwoo's condition. Sunwoo was bathing his own blood, his enticing brown fur was fading, and he was transforming back to his human form. Jihyo was worried about him, but she won't give up.

"You started this. If you are not greedy enough, none of this would happen. And I tell you, you will pay for this." Jihyo said, dead serious.

The Alpha Wolf scoffed, seeming uninterested in Jihyo's words.

"How can I pay for this? Can you really kill me? You're all alone now, Princess."

Jihyo's grip on her bokken tightened even more.

"I was never alone." She hissed.

Later Jihyo kicked the Alpha Wolf and pierced her bokken on its chest, blood trickling down to its body. The Alpha Wolf was caught off-guard, so Jihyo took the chance to pull out her bokken and jabbed the latter consecutively. However, the Alpha Wolf didn't seem severely hurt. Instead of defending itself, the Alpha Wolf just let Jihyo assail.

In a split second, the table had been turned, the Alpha Wolf took the upper hand and smashed Jihyo to the fountain. Jihyo's back hit the concrete, getting a loud grunt from her. She hasn't recovered yet, but the Alpha Wolf lunged at her right away, piercing its sharp claws on her chest. She gasped for air.

"I've given you a choice, Jihyo, but you ignored it."

Jihyo coughed blood.

"Now, I'll take what's mine. All you have to do is wait for your death. Die, Jihyo, die."

The moon above was bloody.

Werewolves were dying.

Jihyo wanted to defend herself from the Alpha Wolf, but she couldn't move even an inch. It felt like she was glued to her position and all she could do was wait for reinforcement. She doesn't want to die yet, she has to be alive so she could save everyone else.

Then, a deafening howl echoed in the Capitol. The Alpha Wolf stilled.

"You never had anything you can call yours." Someone with a menacing voice said.

Later the owner of the voice released a fatal blow on the Alpha Wolf's back, earning a painful howl from the latter. Its body writhed in pain, then collapsed to the ground, lifeless.

The Capitol was filled with the good werewolves' celebratory howl.

The war is over.

Jihyo looked up, her mouth agape when she saw her father, smiling at her. It was the least thing she expected. But upon seeing her father, she opened her arms and hugged him. It was the best reinforcement she ever had.

"I'm sorry, Jihyo. I'm sorry for hiding everything from you." Jihyo's father whispered.

The happiness she felt was short-lived. She remembered Sunwoo.

She pulled herself out from the hug and looked for Sunwoo who was laying on the ground, still barely breathing.

Jihyo ran to Sunwoo and held his body carefully.

"Sunwoo..."

"Wake up, Sunwoo." She begged.

Sunwoo coughed blood and opened his eyes slowly. He was having a hard time, but he managed to flash a genuine smile. Jihyo's heart ached.

"Sunwoo..." Jihyo called.

"Jihyo..." Sunwoo spoke.

"Hush, don't speak. Save your energy. The war is over. You have to be tough, okay? Please, tell me you can make it." She begged again, her tears continuing to fall.

Sunwoo was trembling, he was trying his best to stay alive but his body was betraying him.

"Jihyo... I can't m-make... it. I'm s-sorry..." Sunwoo coughed blood once again.

"Don't leave me, please?" Jihyo cried.

Sunwoo smiled sadly and tried his best to reach Jihyo's face. He gently touched Jihyo's cheek, her nose and her lips.

"I won't l-leave you... I'll always be with you... in your heart. D-Don't cry..."

Jihyo shook her head, still not letting go of Sunwoo.

"I've waited f-for... a thousand years before I could meet you... and I'm w-willing to wait again if it means... meeting you and being with you... one more time. I love you, Jihyo. Don't f-forget about me..."

Those were Sunwoo's last words before finally closing his eyes and leaving Jihyo.

--- THE END ---
©dullsapphire 2020

[ A/N: So, hello, thank you for reading this story of mine!! I know I really suck at endings so please bear with me hahahaha. Don't forget to support THE BOYZ on Road to Kingdom!! ]