CHAPTER 3~ The talk with Kion

There Rani laying in her bed, thinking when a good time to talk to her parents would be.. "What about now?" She thought. If Kion were to leave at dawn, and she wanted to talk to her parents and Kion before he leaves, the best choice would be to talk to her parents now, since Kion probably would go on patrol today, so she wouldn't have much time to talk with him.  She hopped off the rock and wiped the tears off her eyes. She took a deep breath and snuck past Kion and the group. She made her way up a little hill.

"Mom? Dad? Are you there?" Rani asked with hopeful reply.

"Of course we are, Rani. How can we help?" Rani's parents replied. 

"Ashuka, the lion that.. well, challenged you guys.. He's back. And he wants to meet Kion tomorrow at dawn. Im afraid he's gonna do something bad, and I don't want Kion to go. Im trying to think of a way to talk him out of it, but I can't think of any way.."  Rani explained.

"Well, have you tried talking to him yet?" Her mother asked.

"Well, no.. not exactly.. but Im planning to." Rani explained. 

"Well, If you ask me, Id go talk to Kion first. He might listen to what you have to say, see that you care, and possibly not go." Rani's father said.

"Well, yeah.. you're right.. Thanks mom! Thanks dad!" Rani exclaimed.

Rani made her way back down the hill and saw Kion and the guard still talking with Nirmala and Surak. Baliyo had joined in on the conversation as well. Rani kept walking as she made her way up to Kion. "Oh, hey Rani. You feeling better?" he asked. "Well, not fully. I need to talk to you." Rani said. "Oh, okay." Kion said with a confused look on his face. "Makini, I need you too." rani looked over at Makini. "Oh! Of course your majesty!" Makini said as she made a slight bow. The 3 of them walked back in the tree of life.

     Rani made her way behind the rock, and in front of the paintings where she and Kion had went the other day. "Kion, I never really explained fully the story of Ashuka, but i did explain a lot, but there's more i want to tell you." rani explained. "Oh, do you want me to leave you guys alone right now?" Makini asked. "No, Makini. I would like you to make the painting of Ashuka and my parents come to life, can you make it move with your stick?" Rani asked Makini. "Oh, of course i will queen rani!" Makini raised her stick and touched it to the painting. The painting soon came to life. "Ashuka is a very big lion, about 4 times your size Kion." Rani began to say. "He is a very powerful lion, that's how he was able to defeat my parents. We even had 10 other lions come to attack, but more than half died and the others retreated.." Rani said with a frown. "if he were to do something to you during your.... talk.. you wouldn't be able to get free. He would probably do something to make you unable to use the roar, too." Rani said. Kion eyes opened a little wider, and his ears went a little down as he got frightened. "Well, even if I can't fight.. Im the fiercest of the guard. As leader I shouldn't be afraid to go challenge some big lion." Kion said. "Kion, you are thinking of the bravest, bunga. The bravest is not afraid to take on anyone, as bunga is. You are the fiercest, which means you are very brave only when it comes to fighting, and it also means you are intense, or aggressive when it comes to fighting. And you are, Kion. You don't need to take Bunga job for this. Think about what could happen." Rani said. Rani walked away and outside the tree of life, followed by Makini. "Maybe I shouldn't go.. Kion thought. Maybe Rani is right, and she wants to protect me from harm." Kion thought. He soon decided he wouldn't go tomorrow morning. He would wait and see what happens when Ashuka finds out he didn't come. He made his way outside, and he told the news to Rani about not going. 

Later in the day comes, and rani and kion finish their walk they were taking earlier, before they got interrupted by the bad news. Kion made up his mind and thought to himself, "Im gonna do it. i'm gonna tell Rani i'm in love with her." But he would wait a little longer, till they got to a more romantic place. As time passed, Kion stopped. It was time to tell Rani, he couldn't wait any longer. "Is anything wrong, Kion? Why did you stop?" Rani said with a worried look. "No, everything is great, Rani.. but i need to tell you something." Rani focused her eyes on Kion, as a sign that she was listening. "I think i'm in love with you.." Kion said. Rani let out a little giggle. "Well, I have something a little different to say back. Kion was worried she would say she didnt feel as strongly about him as Kion did about her. "I know Im in love with you." Rani said with a smile. Kion heart almost leaped out of his chest. He felt like a rocket about to explode!! They both made a little laugh, and kept walking down the path.