CHAPTER 13- Kion meets Rani's parents

Chapter 13: Kion meets Rani's parents

By: addisonboland 

Hey guys! Sorry I've been inactive! I've slowly been working on this chapter. Thank you guys for all the birthday wishes! This chapter is a little short, so just a heads up!

As the morning came, Kion and Rani awoke with a smile and a sigh. They both sat up and squinted their eyes from the bring light coming through the cave.

They ate the leftover fruit, devouring it completely.

"I think it'd be best if we headed back today, Kion." Rani suggested. 

"Yeah, you're right. We have no idea what is going on at the tree. I think we should head back today too." Kion agreed. 

As they finished up, they made their journey back home. 

They came up to the water entrance and realized there was a slight problem. They had no logs to go across. Their old logs had drifted away over night.

"Now what?" Kion asks.

"Hmm.." Rani thought. "Maybe we should try swimming?" 

"The tide looks to strong, the waves will probably bury us in there." Kion said.

"You're probably right.." Rani sighed. She looked around for any other clues.

"Hey! I got an idea! I used the roar on our journey to the tree at first and made a path in the water. Maybe I can do it again because i have more control of the roar!" Kion said.

"Not sure what you mean by 'path' but okay! Let's give it a try!" Rani replied.

Kion stepped back and took a deep breath. He opened his eyes and let out a strong roar that lifted the water, making a perfect sand path on the way across. 

"Perfect!" Rani exclaimed. 

They walked across and kion released his roar. The water fell to the ground once again and settled back. 

Kion and Rani kept walking.

They passed through the gorge and saw the puma that had challenged them. The puma ran off, and watched them pass through with a growl.

Kion and Rani smirked at each other from the puma's action.

They came across a lake that they passed through before but it was now mud. 

"looks like we have to cross." Kion said with a laugh.

Rani frowned and rolled her eyes. "Well, if we have to, then i guess so."

They kept walking across the mud. It was hard to see but they managed to make it across. They tilted their heads upward for guidance. They reached the end of the mud lake and tried to shake the mud off, but it stuck to them. They shrugged and kept going.

Some time passed as they soon returned back to the entrance to the tree. The mud was still on them, but it was dried and had a thinner coat. 

Ullu saw the two lions and didnt recognize them because of their mud skin. She panicked and alerted the night pride and lion guard.

"Guys guys! Theres two lions at the entrance of the tree! They are quickly entering, so we have to hurry!" Ullu explained.

"Lets go guys!" Fuli said. They all went to the entrance to check it out. 

Fuli pounced on Kion and beshte knocked him over.

"Hebe Kabisa! Look out!" Kion shouted.

Fuli recognized the voices and shouted, "wait! Stop! Kion?!" 

"Hey guys! Sorry about the mud. The trip back was a little... dirty." Kion said as Rani laughed.

"Im surprised you are back so soon! Come on in!" Nirmala said

They entered their home and smelled all the familiar smells, and saw all the familiar places.

"Now this is home!" Kion smiled.

"You said it! It's great to be back, even though we were gone for a day." Rani agreed.

"Yeah, we left right after my parents." Kion said.

"Oh! Speaking of.. do you want to meet my parents?" Rani said.

"Sure! That'd be great!" Kion smiled.

Rani began to walk up to a hill and said "Im sure they'll like you!"

She turned to the clouds and said, "Mom? Dad? Theres someone i want you guys to                     meet."

"Yes?" her mother asked.

"This is Kion, my mate, and king to the tree of life." Rani said looking at Kion.

"Hi! Nice to finally meet you." Kion smiled.

"Very charming! Looks like he's a great fit for you Rani!" Her dad said.

Rani smiled and said, "Thanks, dad."

"I agree! Im sure you too are going to be great together." her mother said.

Rani yawned. 

"Tired?" Her father asked.

"Maybe a little. It was a long journey back. Im gonna go get some rest." rani said.

"yeah, me too. Nice meeting you!" Kion said.

"Bye!" They said finishing into the clouds.

"I told you they'd like you!" Rani said laughing. 

"yeah! They are really nice!" Kion replied.

They went up to their rock and collapsed laying down. They both shut their eyes and fell fast asleep.

Hope you enjoyed! Thank you guys so much for 18 followers and 2k VIEWS!!! Also we are #1 in Rani!!!!!! Thats so crazy! Thank you guys so much!