CHAPTER 8- Fuli's healing

The tree stayed silent for a while. All if the animals were resting. Though no-one was on patrol, no-one attacked. 

Kion yawned and got up. He made his way outside to check on his lands.

Rani got up and followed him.

Kion kept walking and made his way down to the lake of reflection. He looked down at himself and stared. Rani saw him and got ready to pounce. She sprung up and dragged him in the lake with her.

"Ahh! Haha, Rani!" Kion laughed.

Rani laughed.

They got out of the lake and shook the water off. They continued walking.

"Do you think Fuli's remedy is ready..?" Rani stuttered. She had a worried look on her face.

"im not sure, why?" Kion asked.

"Oh.. you know. Just wondering." Rani lied. 

Kion could tell she was lying, and he could also tell something was bothering her.

"Whats wrong? You can tell me." Kion asked.

"I.. I feel bad. I could've been hurt instead of her. I should've been watching. I feel bad she is hurt.. What if she is seriously injured and its something bad?" Rani asked. 

"By what Ive seen, Rani, it looks like she is going to be okay." Kion smiled.

"Hm.. okay... I guess she will probably be okay." Rani said.

"She will, dont worry." Kion smiled.

They hugged each other and Kion licked ranis cheek. They looked at each other in the eyes and smiled. 

"Shall we continue our walk?" Kion asked

"Lead the way, my prince." Rani said in a playful tone.

They continued walking. Rani didnt worry as much about Fuli, though she was still very concerned. They passed by every habitat in their territory, and everything seemed to be okay. No sign of Aliyah or Ashuka, though that would change soon. The sun started to set as Rani sat beside kion on the same cliff they have visited before.

"Im glad I met you, Kion. If my grandmother hadn't insisted letting you in, we never would be where we are right now.." Rani smiled.

"Im glad too. She saw our future, and saw what a great team we make. She saw that we would be great by each others side. And we do, we make a great team together." Kion said.

They looked out at the horizon. It was a beautiful sunset. The sun let out a golden light which reflected everyone around their lands. Rani put her head on Kion's shoulder, and they looked out as the sun set completely. 

Suddenly, they were interrupted by Bunga. "OOH, MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING CLOSER TO HIS TRUE LOVE! SOOO ROMANTIC! AWWW!" Bunga exclaimed.

Kion sighed. "Bunga.. what are you doing here?" 

"I just thought id check on my best friend/ King. Then i saw this and HAD to keep watching." Bunga explained.

"Well.. okay. If you dont mind, Rani and I want to be alone for now." Kion said.

"Okay! You love bugs keep doing what your doing." Bunga said as he walked away.

Bungas comment made both Rani and Kion blush. They continued looking out, and Rani once again slayed her head on Kion's shoulder. 

They both went to bed and cuddled together on their rock.

In the morning, Fuli's remedy was finally ready. The night pride and lion guard watched as Nirmala put her paw on Fuli's wound. The tree glowed a bright green, and Fuli's wound closed up and healed. 

"Wow, that was easy." Fuli exclaimed. 

"Yes, thanks to Makini, we found an easier way to heal your wound." Nirmala said.

"Glad you are okay, Fuli." Kion said walking up to her.

"Thanks, guys." Fuli smiled. She gazed at Kion and observed him all over. This confused kion, what was she doing? Everyone agreed it was time for the guard to go and start their patrol. "You coming this time Kion?" Anga asked. 

"Uhh, I think I'll stay behind with Rani if that's okay." Kion said while he glared at Rani.

"Again?! You guys are spending almost too much time together!" Fuli exclaimed.

Her remark startled everyone as it became silent. Everyone stared at Fuli.

"I mean- I.." Fuli ran off as her cheeks glowed red from embarrassment. 

"Its okay, Kion. You guys spend time together. We'll take on patrol today. We can check on Fuli and make sure she is okay, too." Bunga suggested.

"Okay, thanks Bunga. I don't know what that was about." Kion said.

Everyone made their ways and split up.

As the guard was on patrol, Fuli was acting weird.

"May I ask what happened back there? And why you are acting so weird?" Ono asked.

"I-its nothing! It's just that they are spending SOO much time together and its making me sick! I dont spend nearly as much time with Azaad anymore!" Fuli said.

"Well.. do you want to take a break and go see him? We can take on patrol today, there's hardly been any attacks." Ono suggested.

"Fine! Bye!" Fuli blushed as she ran off to go meet Azaad. 

"That was... interesting. Whats up with her and Kion?" Bunga said out loud.

"Im not sure, Little B, lets get our minds off of it and go on patrol." Bunga said.

Meanwhile, Ashuka was making his own plans with his new crew. 

"So, as we all know, due to a few 'I'm not ready' or 'Lets not go today' we couldn't attack today. WE HAVE TO BE READY YOU FOOLS. WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND! WE CANT HAVE ANY MORE DELAYS!!!!" Ashuka yelled.

"Aye, chill. We can make a final arrangement. And whoever backs out will just be killed." Maliyah said.

"Yeah, good idea." Aliyah backed up her friend.

"Very well, then. We should attack for good tomorrow morning. When everyone meets up and 'talks about the day'" Ashuka said. 

"Everyone rest! Tomorrow is going to be a good one, Im not going to loose again!" Ashuka exclaimed in anger.

Tomorrows attack would be big. Can the guard face them?

Find out in the next chapter!