CHAPTER 12- Vacation

Chapter 12: Vacation- By: addisonboland

Enjoy!

As morning comes, Kion's parents are leaving soon.

Kion hugs them goodbye and says, "Man, I wish you could've stayed longer.. there's so much more to see." 

Nala laughed and said, "Theres always next time." Kion smiled at the comment.

"Well, we must be on our way, its a long way back." Simba said.

Rani walked out of the tree and joined them. 

"You all are welcome at any time!" Rani smiled.

"Thank you, Rani." Simba said.

They said goodbye and they made their way back to the pride lands. "That was a quick visit. Went by a lot faster than I thought." Kion said.

"Yeah, but at least you got to see them. And I got to meet them." Rani added.

"Yeah." Kion shrugged.

The weekend way one day away, and Kion and Rani were leaving soon. Rani said, "It'd probably be best if we left soon for Peace Island. If we want to get there before dinner." 

"Okay, lets go. Bye guys! Watch over the tree while we are gone." Kion said.

"Yeah, Nirmala, Surak, you are in charge. We will be back soon!" Rani said.

They started their walk to the island.

Kion yawned. Rani said, "Still not fully awake yet?" she laughed. "Huh? Oh, haha not really." Kion giggled. They smiled at each other and kept walking.

"So, have you ever been to this island? And if so what is it like?" Kion asked.

"Well, I've been here once. It was quite a while ago, but I remember. It was a very green island, very peaceful. It has beautiful sunsets, and there are many caves or shelters to stay in." Rani said.

"Hm, sounds nice." Kion said.

"Yeah, it is. I went there a while ago with Queen Janna. She wanted to take me there and take a break from ruling at the time. It was an awesome visit, I'm looking forward to going there again." Rani smiled.

"Me too, except, for the first time." Kion replied.

They kept walking and they came up to two paths. Rani took the left path, and Kion followed. "Are you sure this is the right path?" Kion asked her. Rani laughed in reply. "Yes, I'm sure."

Rani all of a sudden stopped and started sniffing. Kion smelled it too. It was a funny smell, a nearby animal. "Do you smell that?" Rani asked Kion. Kion got into a fighting stance and said, "yeah, it might be something bad. It doesn't smell to friendly." 

"I agree." Rani said. She continued sniffing and a strange cat landed infront of them.

"Who are you?" Kion asked with a growl.

"Im Nwatzu, and this is puma territory. You dont belong here!" He yelled.

"We're just passing through!" Rani yelled.

"Oh, I'm sure you are. But you might want to turn around and leave before you kids get hurt.." He growled.

The puma swatted, but missed. Kion and Rani growled and attacked. Rani pounced first onto him.