Chapter 3: Someone's Missing

"So what are you doing here Granny?" Sid asked curious "Is it because you missed me?" He asked excited. "No! Well a little. I came back to show you my new look" she told them as she put a hand on her hip. Everyone stared at her puzzled and a little grossed out.

"I think I'm gonna lose my lunch" Diego commented as he covered Tackle's eyes. "Uh hate to upset you but you still look old as before" Shira commented amusingly. Granny got puzzled and then she looked at the ice rink and saw her reflection. "What the!" She said shocked. It turns out Granny was back in her older self again.

"Hold on" she said and realizing something. She put her hand on her neck and her eyes widen. "My crystal is gone! Where the heck did it go!" She said annoyed as she started looking for it.

"Ok now I'm confused" Julien said puzzled, scratching his head with his trunk. Teddy could tell everyone was puzzled and decided to explain to them. "See after you guys left, there was one crystal that fell in one of the pools and it made us young again. You should've seen Granny cause she was hot" Teddy explained.

"Oh so that explains how Brooke became young again" Sid said, nodding in understanding. "Hey Herd" Talia called out and everyone looked at her. "We need to talk" she told them with Jake and Vibe by her side.

"Not now. Gotta find my crystal" Granny complained as she kept looking with Teddy. Talia looked at her wierdly and she turned her attention back on the Herd.

"So mind explaining what's going on?" Diego asked suspicious. "We think that the creature the hyraxes saw might be Aspik" Talia told them and everyone looked at her puzzled. But Tackle recognized that name

"I've heard of her. Adah told me that she told Ramous about us" he mentioned. Diego frowned. No one in the Herd, excpet Tackle, has met Adah. Diego wasn't sure if they could trust him or not.

"Yes. Aspik is the shaman on the island. She has the power to see visions of the future. She was the one that told Ramous about you all" Talia explained and everyone's eyes widen in amazement. Well not everyone.

Manny scoffed "Come on there's no way" he said, doubting it. "Uh let's hope Aspik doesn't see that in her vision or you'll be a dead mammoth" Jake warned Manny worried, shaking his head no.

"Wait. She's dangerous?" Ellie asked and Vibe jumped to her and put her paws on Ellie's tusks. "Yeah! She's huge! Even Manny would be spooked from her. Those that encounter her never come out alive!" Vibe said excited and the possum bros got spooked and played dead on Ellie's head. Sid screamed and jumped into Brooke's arms.

"Actually only one has survived an encounter with Aspik. And that's Ramous" Jake added as Vibe smiled sheepishly, realizing she might've over did it. Talia groaned annoyed.

"Well I guess we should watch out for this Aspik" Diego added serious. "Actually, Adah suggests we try and recruit Aspik" Talia told them and everyone got puzzled.

"That sounds great! A crazy shaman lady that can see the future is a big help. Let's go!" Buck said excited as he was all over the place.

Shira approached Talia suspicious "Hold on. First you tell us that Aspik is dangerous. Then you say we have to recruit her. Tell me miss serious, which one's gonna be harder?" She asked her, almost challenging her to spill out the truth.

'One way or another, recruiting and avoiding Aspik is both challenging' Talia thought in her head. "I guess recruiting Aspik is harder. She only thinks about herself. She doesn't like having anyone in her territory" Talia told them and everyone had a bad feeling about this.

"And she doesn't like getting disrespected. Ramous learned that the hard way" Jake added and everyone was a little scared actually. This Aspik didn't sound good.

"Well we've faced worse. How bad can this Aspik be. She can't be as bad as Ramous right Tackle?" Diego said but Tackle didn't answer.

"Tackle?" Diego asked and he looked but his eyes widen when he realized Tackle wasn't by his side. "Tackle? Tackle?" He started calling out.

Crash and Eddie woked up and they noticed something. "Hey Vibe's gone" Eddie pointed out and they realized the painted hyena pup was gone. "What? Arggh! Vibe!" Talia groaned angry.

Sid then realized something and his eyes widen "uh guys you don't think they're going to Aspik right?" He asked nervously and everyone's eyes widen. Peaches also noticed something "Um guys where did Granny?" She asked and everyone looked around. "Wait what?! She just got back! How did she wonder off that fast?" Sid said shocked and started looking all over her.

Diego sniffed the ground and found Tackle's scent. He spotted fresh paw print tracks. "He couldn't have gone far. Come on!" Diego said serious and ran off with the whole Herd.